Thread: A pain (?) in the butt

A pain (?) in the butt

Hi

Can anyone help with this one? I've had lots of strange symptoms (muscles twitching, random aches and pains, pins and needles) that mostly have died down considerably following my GP prescribing beta blockers a couple of months ago.

One thing that I still have intermittently though is a dullish ache/sensitivity in the backs of my legs/butt - not pins and needles, more just a sensitive feeling, perhaps like the skin has been burnt slightly - its hard to describe. Its on both sides, in the same place, though seems to be a bit worse on my left side. Its not there when I wake up in the morning but appears about 40 mins - an hour after getting up.

Have seen a neurologist as I was worried about MS - he says unlikely and says he doesn't think I have anything progressive. This wasn't one of the sensations I had when I had my appointment with him (although the list was very long). Waiting on an MRI (next month) which he says is for my peace of mind.

Can anyone advise if they've had the same feeling, or if they know if this is anxiety related? Its really worrying me that it keeps coming and going so often...I'm starting to think I may have progressive MS, and I've heard that most sufferers have relapses that last 6-8 weeks, unless its the progressive type, which is there all the time and gets worse. This has been going on since Feb for me.

Any advice?

Re: A pain (?) in the butt

Is it in the left thigh? Does it feel numb but when you have stood for a while felt like it is burning?

Its in both of them but mostly the left....its the strangest sensation, just like its highly sensitised. More a slight burning sensation rather than numbness.

Have you had anything like this??

I've been told by my GP that its good that my symptoms are symmetrical , as not indicative of MS - finding it difficult to believe those in the know though.

Quote Originally Posted by veebee View Post
    Its in both of them but mostly the left....its the strangest sensation, just like its highly sensitised. More a slight burning sensation rather than numbness.

Have you had anything like this??

I've been told by my GP that its good that my symptoms are symmetrical , as not indicative of MS - finding it difficult to believe those in the know though.

I have this it is called meralgia paresthetica and before you get anxious it is caused by my back problems (I had a operation on it)

My left thigh started to go numb in 1972 and has gradually got worse over the years. If I stand for very long it becomes even number and really hurts.

When I was expecting my son I could hardly stand because of the pain in it. Normally I try to ignore it unless I am standing for too long then I stamp my left leg (I don't know why it doesn't help at all).

Now if yours is the same as mine please do not worry as I have said I have had mine since 1972

Thread Information