Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont wanna Jinx it!

Dont wanna Jinx it!

Hi-ya me again,

Thank-u to everyone who has replied to my post (any of them), all your advice has really helped, I'm already starting to cope ok, (touch wood), havn't had a PA for a while, but I don't wanna Jinx it, because most likely I'll have one soon now :( But I shouldn't think like that, naughty Chaz, lol. I couldn't possibly have anymore advice, so if I wasn't learning to cope by now i would be worried, I do like to ask questions still, just to make sure all my feelings are normal panic symtoms, and if there's is any body (a woman preferably), who has suffered PAs through their teenage years I would like to ask some questions, because the stress of growing up is bad enough for me, I'm surprised I can handle panic on top of it all.

So I'm generally doing alot better, yesterday a PA was starting up I just told my-self "it's normal, you've had it before", I just brushed it off, so I'm pleased with my-self, I'm learning to control it, instead of letting it control me! There were somedays I just thought I'd never get through it, never learn to cope, I think it was all in my last post saying how bad i felt and stupid. I am still alittle afraid of fainting, when I get dizzy, but I don't have to keep looking in the mirror anymore to check if I'm pale, I do check my pupils when I'm having trouble seeing, to see if it's a start of a PA, but that's about it lately. I've sorted my school options out, Thank God! I know my friends will always be there for me, (as well as my family), my 2 best friends each wrote a letter to me telling me they'll never leave my because of my PAs so now I know I have friends I can trust! So I have nothing to worry about, my year 9 SATS are next month, so it's all Revise Revise Revise!!! I hope I do ok!

Chaz xx

14 female

Dont let little things get you down, make the most of life

hi Chaz,

I'm glad to hear that you are finding the advice helpful and learning how to deal with your PAs. Good luck with your revising - I'm sure you will do well!!

Sarah

Hey Chaz,

I'm glad to hear you're doing fine ;] It's very important that you keep repeating to yourself that even the worst PA can't hurt you in any way. The worst thing that can possibly happen, is to faint, and even fainting is nothing that bad ;] It's great that your family and friends support you. Don't be afraid to talk to them whenever you feel like it, let them know how you feel, I'm sure that they will understand and help.
    When I was feeling anxious and panicky for the first time, I was 11 years old. It lasted for about a year, then all of my symptoms disappeared and I was fine. In fact, I completely forgot that I had ever had panick and anxiety problems. Now I'm 19. Unfortunately, a couple of months ago, I started feeling anxious and panicky again. It does get better with time, though, and I'm sure that I'll be fine again.
    I know how hard it is for you to cope with panick during your teenage years. Don't worry, it's not gonna last forever, it's just a temporary condition. Enjoy your life, do the things that make you feel good, and don't be afraid. You'll be fine ;]
    If you ever feel like you need some advice, reassurance, or just feel like sharing anything - write me a PM and I'll do my best to help ;]

Take care,
    Allie

great news chaz.....you should be very very proud of yourself......well done......good luck with the exams all that studying will keep your mind occupied!!

doddy

hi chaz

Well done on taking control and NOT letting your panic attacks control you
    keep up the positive thinking and you will come out of this and learn to cope even better[^]

Hi Chaz

Great to hear things are getting better for you. Everyday you gain some more confidence everyday you will feel better. If you do hit a bad day just focus on how well you have done.

Proud of you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hi chaz,
    congratulations! that all sounds brilliant, i think you have done really well.
    good luck with those exams!
    henri x

Hey Chaz,

Great to hear you are getting better and managing to control these horrible feelings!

You know where I am on MSN if you ever want to chat!

Good Luck with your exams, I'm sure you will be fine,

Chat soon,

Cynth x

HI Chaz,

Well done in learning how to manage to cope with anxiety so it doesn't grow into a panic attack

Good luck in your revision

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Well done Chaz.

Stay on top and show that panic who is boss! You are in control now so keep brushing it off - preferably into the gutter where it belongs!

Roma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information