Thread: Weird Feeling In My Chest

Weird Feeling In My Chest

For sometime now i've had this weird feeling in my chest it's not pain just heavy & tightish like i have a weight there This come on around the early evening which in turn starts my anx off Does anyone else suffer this, i'd be really grateful to hear from you.

Thank you

Re: Weird Feeling In My Chest

Hi Trish, you say it comes on mostly in the early evenings? do you think it might have something to do with your evening meal? is it usually a heavy meal? I wouldn't worry too much, it could be anxiety, in as much as after you felt it once or twice youve started to focus on it...a sure way to keep it going as we anxies' know only too well I think if it was anything to do with your heart for example, you'd prob feel it all day too. If it goes on then it might be worth getting your doc to check it out.

Hope this helps a bit
    best wishes
    Cathy

Thank you Cathy for your speedy reply I really don't think its anything to do with eating as it come on before my evening meal. I also don't think its my heart moreso my lungs although i'm not breathless. Its just so strange a feeling, i'm sure it stems from nursing my sister with lung cancer, this is always at the back of my mind i'm sure and there are times i get worked up about it, but this problem starts when i think i'm at my most relaxed!

Do you think its anx?

I get this at times.... like a squeezing sensation...horrid! And a tight tight chest... think about your chest muscles and notice how you are holding them...then release them. relax ur shoulders ...this is what i do but anxiety is a bugga for the tight chest x

Thank you Rachey I think deep down i know its anxiety, but when it happens 1001 things go through my head and then i can't think straight :(

Ive just logged on for this exact problem so your not alone, i get horrible dull and annoying chestpains almost everyday.
    all i can think to link it to is anxiety indigestion.
    anxiety can cause allsorts of aches.

hope you stay well, and dont worry too much xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    For sometime now i've had this weird feeling in my chest it's not pain just heavy & tightish like i have a weight there This come on around the early evening which in turn starts my anx off Does anyone else suffer this, i'd be really grateful to hear from you.

Thank you
    What is it like when you bend or are in bed?

Thread Information