Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: User names

User names

Hello everyone,

I just wondered what is the significance of your user names, I guess some are obvious and self-explanatory. I was feeling very freaked out when I first joined nmp. I have just been killing a bit of time, and feeling a bit freaked out again to be honest. I googled freak, and found this on Wikipedia

"In current usage, the word freak is usually used to refer to a person with something unusual about their appearance or behaviour. It can also denote a strong obsession with a particular activity, e.g., "He's such a neat-freak" or "You're a singing freak". The term "freaky" can also apply to a person who is sexually adventurous, or by itself as in "She's a freak in bed".

Hmmm, so what do ya think of that!!!

Freaky
    Last edited by freakedout; 23-05-08 at 01:41. Reason: error

Re: User names

Mine is not because I am 45 and a massive Micheal Jackson fan .

Jaco short for Jacobite, 45 is for the year 1745 and the "ers" for the 45ers.

It is reference to the rebel Jacobites who, under the command of Bonnie Prince Charlie, led an uprising invading England (as for as Derby) and finally defeated in 1746 at Culloden in the last land battle on British soil.

"Such is the connection between 1745 and the rising in the Gaelic mindset, that the '45 is known as Bliadhna Theàrlaich (Charles' Year) in Scottish Gaelic"

Jaco

Mine is the first part of my name and the first part of my surname And my dumbo aviator is... well I will let you work that our for yourself lol xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

mine is an old family nick name...my first name is Lynne and i was called Lynney the Pooh when i was little. Still get called Pooh by immediate family members lol
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

thanks for sharing those,

i really enjoyed reading them

its a really interesting thread

mill x

Mine is quite self explanatory really..there was a voice within me calling out for help...hence how thevoicewithinme came to be.

I usually use another nickname, one that many people know me by which is Minxy...was given this a few years back by some biker friends...and even have it tattooed on me but didn't think it quite apt for on here

Kaz

Mine is very boring really it's just my name spelt backwards

Carol

Mine is teabag because i drink tea all day(several different types) and whenever there is a crisis my dad puts the kettle on and we have a cup of tea before making any decisions. Steadys the nerves apparantely. teabag

Mine is because i love pink and panic is my problem.

Someone on here asked me if it was because i turned pink when i was in a panic .... i'm not sure as i never check but i probably do !!

Love to you all

hi when i joined i had lost all ability to be inventive or witty with my username. mine is my first name and the first letter of my second name - sarah.

however i was very briefly given a nickname by the boyfriend of an old friend which was emma-s ,so you would say it plural emma? thats how you should say my username, if you ever do

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information