Thread: Thanks guys!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for your support after the death of my friends mam and the run up to the funeral. The funeral was yesterday and though I was very anxious(as I hate any occasion) I managed to survive it.

My face was a bit red and blotchy when I first went into the cremetorium but it did calm down as the pa started to ease off. The service was really nice and very emotional as she was only 53. I did get upset but managed to control myself with regards to the anxiety.

All in all I am glad that I was able to go to offer my friend some support. She texted me last night to thank me for all my support and for going to the funeral which made me feel happy as I felt I had achieved what I set out to do. I assured her that I would always be there. I know now that I can do that now without the high anxiety that I have felt in the last week, as I managed to be there for her on the day I was really anxious about.

So I would like to say that the support of certain people on the forum really helped me to stay focused and get through it the best way I could. It was hard at times but I knew I could always come here and talk about how I felt.

Special thanks to Jo, Donna, Trixie, Diane, Est, Sheba, Hope and Est.

Andrea xx
    Last edited by andie73; 24-05-08 at 08:30. Reason: wanted to add special thanks

Re: Thanks guys!!!

aww andie,

I am so pleased that you did it, and i'm really happy that you feel so good about yourself for doing it. Sometimes the thought of doing things is worse than the deed itself.
    You are really truly such a good friend to your mate and its good that she appreciates all what you have done.
    I was thinking about you yesterday and i'm just soooooooooooooo glad it went as well as it could.

Well done
    Di xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun

Glad you got through it ok, and it was nice of your friend to acknowledge the support you gave her

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

awww andie thankyou hun xx im glad you managed it both for your friend and yourself im sure your friend is as proud of you as we are xxxx

For you

Kaz x x x

I am glad you were brave enough to go. It is times like this when you find out who your real friends are, and you have shown by your actions that you are a true friend.

Thread Information