Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Query about MRI and MS

Re: Query about MRI and MS

Quote Originally Posted by AcroSplat View Post
    They blindfolded me in mine.... which i think was a good idea as i saw nothing, so i didnt feel any claustrophobia. They should also give you something to put inside you ears.
    Do they not provide headphones so you can play music or an audio book?

I initially had dizzyness and vertigo. 10 days after that i noticed minor leg jerking and then shortly after that muscle twitches developed.

I thought i had a brain tumor or MS. The MRI was looking for a reason for the dizzyness and looking for traces of demylation. They found nothing and the result was: Normal Study.

Dizzyness has now gone after a month, but i still have the leg and arm jerking, and a few muscle twitches.
    Just to say this is exactly how my stuff all started.

I had a really stressful month last July and this culminated in me finding a lump....had a scan and got the all clear and thought all would be back to normal.

About a week later I woke one morning and felt dizzy and spaced out...this feeling lasted about a month to 5 weeks and then all the buzzing, jerking and twitching started alongside the fatigue and muscle aches and pains...I also thought MS and ALS at times but I have seen over 10 different GP's and a neuro who have all said anxiety!! My neuro said an MRI was pointless as was obvious that I was physically fine neurologically from my clinical exam.

Nearly a year later and all the buzzing and twitching/jerking still going strong...I think I am suffering from the physical effects of anxiety and feel that this has also brought on Benign Fascualtion Syndrome.

HI I told you I was ill, have you been back to docs about Benign Fasticulation syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by itoldyouiwasill View Post
    Just to say this is exactly how my stuff all started.

I had a really stressful month last July and this culminated in me finding a lump....had a scan and got the all clear and thought all would be back to normal.

About a week later I woke one morning and felt dizzy and spaced out...this feeling lasted about a month to 5 weeks and then all the buzzing, jerking and twitching started alongside the fatigue and muscle aches and pains...I also thought MS and ALS at times but I have seen over 10 different GP's and a neuro who have all said anxiety!! My neuro said an MRI was pointless as was obvious that I was physically fine neurologically from my clinical exam.

Nearly a year later and all the buzzing and twitching/jerking still going strong...I think I am suffering from the physical effects of anxiety and feel that this has also brought on Benign Fascualtion Syndrome.

Hi itoldyouiwasill

Can i ask what do you mean by muscle jerking ??? Ive been talking about muscle jerking ... but i think im taking about involuntary leg and arm movements while sitting in the arm chair or laying down.

It almost feels like there is a minor twitch either in my leg or arm and it causes the leg to move on its own. The movement is really small. I dont hit anything or anyone when it happens. I havent noticed it in my sleep so i assume nothing happens when im asleep.

Some times i feel it internaly in my waste area ..... no limbs move though.

So is this what you are getting when u say jerking ?

To all those who had an MRI due to suspected MS ..... Were you injected with a contrast die ???

I found this from the about website.

http://ms.about.com/od/multiplescler..._diagnosis.htm

MRIs use magnetic waves to produce images of the brain and spinal cord. A special contrast material (gadolinium) is usually injected for the scan when MS is suspected, as it reacts to areas of inflammation and will "light up" when a sympton is occuring.

As mentioned, this is considered the best test for diagnosing MS, as abnormal lesions appear on MRIs in over 95% of people with MS. However, 5% of people with MS do not have abnormalities that can be detected on an MRI (producing a false negative), and some age-related damage looks like MS lesions (producing a false positive).

They didnt inject me with anything.

Today my left arm is sort of burning / stinging but also feels a bit cold. (Has been for a week or so) Some times it appears in little spots and comes and goes. but it feels vague ..... i cant tell if its real or not.

To all those who had an MRI due to suspected MS ..... Were you injected with a contrast die ???

I found this from the about website.

http://ms.about.com/od/multiplescler..._diagnosis.htm

MRIs use magnetic waves to produce images of the brain and spinal cord. A special contrast material (gadolinium) is usually injected for the scan when MS is suspected, as it reacts to areas of inflammation and will "light up" when a sympton is occuring.

As mentioned, this is considered the best test for diagnosing MS, as abnormal lesions appear on MRIs in over 95% of people with MS. However, 5% of people with MS do not have abnormalities that can be detected on an MRI (producing a false negative), and some age-related damage looks like MS lesions (producing a false positive).

They didnt inject me with anything.

Today my left arm is sort of burning / stinging but also feels a bit cold. (Has been for a week or so) Some times it appears in little spots and comes and goes. but it feels vague ..... i cant tell if its real or not.

I was injected with it on my last MRI (December) I have another one next week I expect they will do the same again.

Hey,
    For the last 7 days I've had random aches and pains throughout my body. Sometimes I felt like I was going crazy, or about to have a heart attack.. these symptoms started after I had a severe mental breakdown on a Sunday night. I'm going through a very tough phase right now - living alone, far far away from family and boyfriend and friends, going to university.. and I cry practically every day and have begun to be paranoid/claustrophobic and have so far had three panic attacks. I keep googling things on diseases and the causes of these random body aches; but I have no other symptoms like blurred vision or uncontrollable bowel movements. I still want to get an MRI and I hope when I go to the doctor on Friday they won't rule out this option..
    It's good to know some people have felt the same way..

x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information