Thread: for the ladies...

for the ladies...

Maybe I should've posted this in the phobia section, I am not sure, but I reallt need to let this out and have a winge and hear from other girls...For quite a while I have been scared of period. I am scared of it before it comes, worrying about that first day and pain, i am scared when it does come worrying about the heavy flow on the second day, and I am scared all until it finally stops, worrying will it stop at all...Today I started day 5, well i don't know how to count, i got it early afternoon 24th and now is afternoon 28th, there was nothing when I woke up this morning and I have just thought this one is going well. I went out to town and at some point i started feeling cramps again, when i went to the loo i saw it was still going. I was already panicky (the weather is really heavy outside and it makes me feel sweaty and panicky when it's like that) and when i saw this i started freaking out, I've been in a state ever since, just tensed and focused on weather i feel something down there, keep fearing it will start and won't stop...and something's wrong...I feel like the period is really affecting me so much and a lot of the times i do feel i'm being unreasonable but i just can't help it. I'm just scared of bleeding. I had to have a curettage once, preganancy wasn't going well and it was for the best but after that the fear of bleeding just can't leave me. And I also feel fainty, I often start fearing feeling fainty as soon as I get the period. I think i associate losing blood with feeling fainty. I feel it now and it all just scares me so much. I know i will just be sitting here now in a fear spasm waiting for period to be overed...

Re: for the ladies...

In those long ago days when I still had periods,had menopause 8 years ago, I worried about every aspect of periods. They were too early or too late and too heavy or too light or lasted too long or not long enough. I analysed every aspect of menstruation as my long suffering doctor would tell you. I realised that this was just another aspect of my anxiety and true to form as soon as my periods finally stopped, after many false endings, I transferred my worries to my bowels. My doctor had predicted that I would find another bit of me to worry about when I said I was saving up for a hysterectomy because the worrying about my periods was wearing me out.

Thank you , Grace, for replying. Yeah I do worry the same about every aspect, if it's too short,or too light, something might be wrong with me, if it's too long,or too heavy, i'm scared i'm bleeding too much and that it won't stop...than i'm scared to go anywhere during the first couple of days as well...well, this is what i count to be 5th day and i was just too scared to go down to the shop after since my period hasn't stopped yet and i feel mild cramps sp i'm scared if i go out walking it will make it worse...
    i've been having continuous bouts of panic ever since i went out to town today, especially after i felt the cramps again, though i'm sure the weather started the panic. And i'm really feeling low and depressed.
    Girls, how long does your period last, do you ever still get bleeding and cramps at this time? i mean the bleeding is much lighter, (i was also scared to write this , i get superstitious like that, like if i say it's getting lighter it will start to go more ) but it is still red. I would be so greatful for any input...

I have awful periods, very heavy, I cramp badly, get loose bowels and nausea, and I also feel very emotional, distressed and tearful. Last time I was so bad I ended up at the doctors, I felt so bad I felt sure something was badly wrong with me. My flow sometimes lasts as long as seven to eight days, and while the cramping/IBS symptoms are worse in the first two days, they can sometimes go on all through my period. So you're not on your own! I also start to feel unwell (headaches, low mood) a couple of days before I am due on. My periods are such hell that I get scared of them simply because I know how crappy I am going to feel. x

Hi Millie

I no wot u are going through cause im the same

please pm me if u wanna chat

love mandie x

Thread Information