Thread: "Sinus Washout"

"Sinus Washout"

Please please please has anyone ever had a sinus washout, I've had a sinus infection for at least 3 months now, and after 2 lots of antibiotics it has'nt cleared, i've heard the next step is "Sinus Washout" which i've also heard is very unpleasant.

I am getting worried about it now, thinking it may be caused by something more serious than just infection, its not showing any signs of clearing.

I'm scared about this sinus washout, I don't cope very well with pain or discomfort, and I'm also scared that they will never be able to get rid of it and I will have it for life, or it could turn out to be something serious like brain tumour or sinus tumour etc.

You all know what I mean don't you? so please if anyone has any experience of "SINUS WASHOUTS" or general sinus probs etc please can you tell me about it.

Many thanks everyone

Love Jacqui

Jac ,

Before you go down that route you might want to try a Hopi ear candle treatment. Its much less invasive.

Hopi Ear Candles
    Hopi ear candles have been used for centuries throughout North America and Asia to treat ear problems and had been known to the Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks.

Hopi ear candles may not be the first thing that you think of to treat ear, nose and throat problems, however the candles are used to treat many ailments, including migraine and headaches, glue ear in children, catarrh, sore throats, sinusitis, tonsillitis, ‘flu and excessive ear wax.

The burning action of the Hopi ear candle infuses the herbs and essential oils into a vapour, which is drawn into the auditory canal. This performs a massaging function as well as softening any impurities.
    Gentle heat from the ear candle stimulates blood circulation, increases the cleansing circulation of lymph from the lymphatic system, intensifies the immune system and stimulates energy points and reflex zones.
    Light from the flame penetrates the auditory canal, delivering a high energy spectral frequency to important energy points.
    The Hopi ear candle's cleansing fire carries away negative vibrations, harmonising and balancing energy.
    Hopi ear candles act like a chimney, drawing away the vapour and any impurities from within the ear. This in turn regulates the pressure system within the ear and the head, making the candle treatment suitable for many conditions.

Many clients report a state of complete mental, physical and emotional relaxation, some even fall asleep. Many often comment on feeling a soothing, liberating, light sensation in the ear and head areas.
    Widely used by G.P.s in Germany, as well as in European and American hospitals for many ear, nose and throat problems; Hopi ear candles are used as an alternative to conventional allopathic treatments such as antibiotics, ear syringing and grommets.
    As well as offering real and marked benefits in a non-invasive manner for many ear, nose and throat problems, a hopi ear candle treatment is a deeply relaxing, calming and soothing experience.

Benefits Of Hopi Ear Candle

Compacted Ear Wax
    Glue Ear
    Tinnitus & Noises/Ringing in the Ears
    Rhinitis
    Sinusitis
    Colds
    Flu
    Sore Throats
    Hay Fever
    Catarrh
    Asthma
    Headache
    Migraine
    Regulation of Pressure in Ears & Head
    Stimulation of Blood & Energy Flow, Lymphatic System & Metabolic Rate
    Energetic Revitalisation of Hearing Impairment
    Calming and Relaxing in cases of Anxiety and Stress

Many work from home body treatment therapists ie Reiki, massage therapists do it. Check out their experience.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Re: "Sinus Washout"

Hi jacqui,
    I am a new member on here so not sure what I'm doing yet!
    I have been suffering with headaches that the doctor thinks are sinus related since December.
    I have had the anti-biotics which didn't help at all & my doc only gave them because i was so worried its a brain tumor not sinus. I'm now using a nasal spray doc prescribed.
    This has helped, but I still have pain.
    I'm told sinus issues take time to get better and its just a waiting game!
    Try some olbais oil on a tissue, and also inhailing steam from a bowl of boiling water.

The OP posted in 2005 lol
    but I'm also having the same problem atm.. I had nasal spray but hasn't really done anything for me, I'm yet to find a cure :( got to make another appointment with my GP

Ha, only 8 years late then!!!!
    Bit of practice needed
    I need to see doc again, but just feel I'm wasting their time as she just sends me away, but am so convinced its a brain tumor I don't want to just leave it x

You sound just like me, I've been having head pressure every day since Novemeber and I had nasal spray for 4 weeks which I finished about 2 weeks ago, and that hasn't done anything...so just have to wait for another appointment now and see what she does this time.

I haven't had a sinus washout or anything, but I've heard of people who have done saline washes and it doesn't sound that unpleasant. I think you can get stuff from the pharmacy to do it - so maybe have a chat to the pharmacist and see what they can recommend. My aunty said she had no luck with her doctor when she had a sinus infection, but got a sinus wash from the local pharmacy and that fixed it - it sounded like a really simple fix to me.

Thread Information