Thread: Worrying about taking new medication!!

Worrying about taking new medication!!

Hi
    As some of you might know i suffer with HA ------starting last October when i found a swelling in neck and thought i had lymphoma Anyhow,I have had all the tests and everything came back clear!!!!
    Three GPs say they cant feel anything(despite the fact that i think i can LOL!!!) and as most of you know i have had lots of other tests!!I am now waiting CBT!!!Anyhow, my GP has changed my migraine medication(currently on PIZOTIFEN--WHICH when i read the side effects anxiety is one )over to A BETA BLOCKER called PROPRANALOL.
    I have collected these today ---but i do still have 2 weeks of pizotifen to take but up to me whether i take them or not!!!I can just change over tomorrow if i want!!!
    I am totally panicking about changing over!!!My doc thinks they will "kill 2 birds with one stone" sooo to speak as he says they will help with my anxiety as well as the migraines.
    Can anyone shed some light on these tablets??
    I have had a chat with the pharmacy and she thinks they will suit me much better than the pizotifen and she highly recommends them----but me being the HA freak that i am think that they may have some terrible side effects!!!!!!
    They are 80mg SLOW RELEASE that i have been prescribed.When i read the side effects i nearly fell off my chair---there are loads!!!!!!
    XXX

Re: Worrying about taking new medication!!

Hi again,
    Anyone??
    If not could someone please post on the sub board---PROPRANALOL.
    Sorry, i didnt realise there was a board call that!!!
    Thanks xxxx

Re: Worrying about taking new medication!!

Hi Jellybean, I've got the slow release propranolol - I found them to be pretty good! Had a week of terrible, terrible panic at the height of my fear about having MS and I'm not kidding, they calmed my symptoms down almost straight away.

Medication always comes with one of those scary side effects leaflets, I'm sure its just the drug companies putting their disclaimer info out there.

I've not had many problems with them at all - think I may have mentioned on another post that my hands and feet seem a bit colder than usual (I have bad circulation anyway) but I think that's been about it.

Please don't be worried about taking these. They really have helped me.

Take care

Thread Information