Thread: How was your month? (may '08)

How was your month? (may '08)

So, how did the month of May '08 treat you? What were some of your high points and low points? Did you reach any goals this month? Create any new ones for upcoming June? Was May a better month than April . . . or not as good?

Share your thoughts on May 2008 . . . and your hopes for June!

Re: How was your month? (may '08)

Pretty much the same as the last 118 months of agoraphobia and panic attacks.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

May was up and down, some good, some bad. I am coming off medication so that is good but also has made me feel a bit anxious. Created some more goals for myself in June so that is exciting.

Was up and down too ..... suppose that's normal for us anx sufferers! Must admit it was more up than down so that's a positive.
    Finally started CBT after a long long wait. Started to get out more on my own at last without depending on my safe person.
    Managed to take my daughter to school And attend a Concert she was in. Also had a lovely weekend away with partner and various meals out! All in all i'm pushing the boundaries and getting there slowly.
    In June i hope that i can become even more independent at going out on my own.

Pink
    xxx

I'll chime in here and now, since my wife and youngest daughter are almost ready to head out the door for our day away (sunshine and warm temps, too! How about that!) . . .

I was up and down . . . more up than down . . . had one severe panic attack at the beginning of the month (in the middle of a lake in a row boat, long story). Off and on few steps forward and then a few back. More forward than back though. End of month is excellent, but can still feel the remnants of the past year or so. Feels like its off in the distance now . . . like the sound of a locomotive train, blowing its horn, far away at night. Hoping for an even better June -- but, at 52 years of age (and experience) -- I know to look out for early signs of trouble.

Thought I'd start a running "end of month" thread each month. Would be good to hear the final monthly thoughts of everyone that posts. So, if you're reading this thread, won't you join in with your own post? We'd love to hear from you!

Gotta run . . .

I had a high anxiety month but achieved plenty.
    I went to the mortgage advisor at the bank....being shut in a small room my personal hell
    I went to see a solicitor about getting divorced....again being shut in a small office with a stranger but the ball's rolling which is great
    AND I have today got back from a holiday in Butlins. NOW 30 minutes away from home with the kids is something i haven't done for 8 years! But I was determined...so I booked the holiday at Xmas. I guessed that it was close enough to come home if i needed to. I also booked to go with my best friend & her 2 boys who has some idea of my problems. After MAJOR anxiety in the build up...I MADE IT! 5 whole days away from home!

AND tomorrow i will be going to the meet up in Gosport.

So...yes...May has been a productive month for me. Some of it down to new medication & some it down to pure bloody mindedness!

Thread Information