Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: other conditions?

other conditions?

hi everyone,
    i was just wondering does anyone else have any diagnosed medical conditions that contribute to your anxiety?
    i have atrial fibrillation which is well controlled now but i know that it fuels my anxiety i also had a seizure a long time ago that i believe i am incapable of getting over and whenevr i feel light headed or odd i am convinved immediately that im going to have a seizure no matter how many years go by i seem to be locked in this reaction, its awful.
    anyway i was just wondering if anyone else has things that make them feel like this and how do they cope.
    take good care
    kelly xx

Re: other conditions?

Hi Kelly,

Yes I have a heart condition & have an ICD which has fuled my anxiety. Has your cardiologist advised you to seek help? mine refered me to a therpist who deals with people with heart conditions.

I am sorry if I have put any spelling mistakes so error here as I am writing this without my glasses! lol

Jane.

hi jane, thanks for replying.
    the awful thing is i dont have a cardiologist, well i do but ive never had any contact with him. i have had svt for over 15 years and always told it was anxiety until an attack happened in the doctors and they caught it on an ecg, what a relief, i always knew it wasnt anxiety but no one evr believed me.
    i was referred to a cardiologist in sheffield and she basically siad it was nothing to worry about and not harmful, more of a nuiscance than anything else, she didnt want to see me again. then i moved house and then last year the attacks started to change, my heart would be fast and irregular. i had one very bad attack and phoned an ambulance, i was taken to sc**thorpe hospital,the a fib lasted for 16 hours and then was finally corrected with flecainide, they diagnosed atrial fibrillation and put on flecainide and aspirin daily long tem. i got a letter asking me to go for an ultrasound which i did in march and since then i have heard nothing at all, no results no follow up appointment and im not sure what to do.
    the thing is the meds i am taking have really helped they have stopped all the ectopics and flutters but i have been told taht if i have any kind of heart defect i could have a sudden heart attack!!!!! this scares me so much, i also know that the risk of stroke is now higher for me as i have a fib and that scares me too.
    i just wish that i could be positive nad accept that i have been taking the tablets for 6 months now nad my quality of life is much better but i cant. i feel scared all the time. i dont feel normal anymore i feel broken and weak.
    sorry jane im just a bit desperate at the moment, im driving my family and myself mad.
    take good care
    kelly xx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

sorry to go off thread, but something has really made me laugh.
    i have just noticed my reply had to be edited because the name of the town i live near has a very bad swear word placed in the middle of it!!!!!! oh its good to laugh.
    kelly xx

Hi Kelly,

Were you born with a heart condition? I was born with mine you see & up until I was 23 I was fine, nothing happening to me at all. Then I started with palpatations & after various tests they realised I have SVT & VT so I too am on flecindide. I have been on it for 5yrs with no problems & have had my ICD in for 5yrs too & its never fired which makes my anxiety even more stupid as if they was ever anything wrong with my heart my defib about fire & help me out.

It sounds like your docs are pretty poor. I attend LGI & they are nothing but fantastic. Maybe you need to go back to your GP & tell them about your anxiety. I went to my GP & they put me in touch with some local CPN nurses which were great as I started with the attacks last yr after my Grandad died. I was free from attacks for about 8mths & now started with them again & I don't know why & its driving me mad. I used to do so much before all this & now I hardly do anything.

I know what you mean about driving your family mad, I feel same way with mine & feel no one understands.

if you want to PM instead we can get to know each other & where you are from etc... I take is Yorks like me I will add you to my buddy list. I am new to this website so bear with me if I make any mistakes!

haha, I thought you had edited the name of the hosp out! lol I knew where it meant anyway.

hi jane, im sitting here sobbing, i have never met anyone with a similar condition to mine nad i have never known anyone on the same meds. god im in a right state.
    i just want to stop feeling scared all the time.
    i dont know if i was born with this, i never had anything when i was a child but it started in my late teens. the trouble is i have had to battle every single step of the way, firstly to be believed and then to be helped. i was told it was anxiety for so many years that i and everyone i know started to believe it. i got the most horrible tag of being a bit prone to funny turns and attacks of the vapours!!!! over the years this has chipped away dramatically at my self confidence. and i always felt that people thought i was just crying wolf. i guess i stopped feeling safe, especially after the seizure too.
    i hardly ever go to the docs, once in the last 5 years!!! so i dont know my doc and the thought of going and explaining the whole story from start to finish is so overwhelming i just keep putting it off nad hoping i will get stronger on my own.
    im sorry to ramble jane but you cant know how big a deal it is for me to hear that someone else has experienced similar things to me.
    i am new too, just registerd today! i will pm you when i get my head round the whole thing.
    take very good care
    thank you
    kellyxx

I have TMJ, which ISN'T caused by anxiety. BUT my anxiety has made it alot worse. I don't know how but GP said it does. o.0
    Emz xx

he emz,
    thanks for the reply.
    im sorry but what is tmj?
    take good care
    kelly xx

TMJ is Temporomandibular joint disorder. Which means acute or chronic inflammation of the temporomandibular joint, which connects the lower jaw to the skull.

It's like my jaw gets caught when I try to open my mouth wide, and my teeth don't align. The cartilage kinda scrapes against the bone and my jaw has moved slightly.

I have a mouth guard now for nights though.

I really don't get how Anxiety and stress can make it worse though, but according to my GP..
    Emz xx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information