Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel let down by Parents!!!!

Feel let down by Parents!!!!

This is a bit of a rant, this also may be in the wrong section, sorry if it is.

Some of you may of read previous posts from me, I am an alcoholic and going into Hospital next Wednesday for detox, this is my choice, I am doing for me and my lovely Wife.

I also suffer from agraphobia, social phobia, anxiety etc etc etc!!!!

I told my Mum and Dad (they are divorced) about my situation and the detox, they replied (by e-mail, I don't like using the phone!) and seemed caring and concerned.

I then e-mailed them to say I will be going into Hospital 11th June for 8 Days, they have not replied and I think they either dont give a s**t or they are ashamed of me.

Its a good job my Wife is supportive and I only need her, my parents can F**K off basicly, when I am better, dont want to know them, I have what I need here. I have always been independant since young age as my Mum didnt give a crap about me.

rant over,

Wayne

Re: Feel let down by Parents!!!!

Sorry to hear that Wayne. Are you sure the emails went through properly? Anyway, at least you have your wife's support. All the very best for Wednesday, we'll be thinking of you!

Hi Simara,
    Yes the e-mails got through, both of them not replied.

I blame my Mum anyway for my drinking problem, when Mum & Dad split up she lost the plot and my Brother and I got chucked into a Childrens Home, I came out after a while but Brother stayed in 'till he was 16!!!

She met a boyfriend who used to beat the crap out of me, had the shitiest upbringing you can imagine.
    I was dragged up, she didnt care about how I was doing at School, she and her wan**r of a boyfriend drunk every Night too, so its not rocket science to understand the way I ended up this way, and now she dont give a flying f**k.
    Sorry, but I am so angry about this.

Wayne

It amazes me how 25 Years ago ubusive parents or whateva you call them got away with things, these days you can end up in trouble for just shouting at your Child!!!!

once I had red lines all over my back where that ******* chased me up the stairs with a cane, a social worker came and saw my back, and DONE NOTHING!!! I looked like I had been in a prison of war camp!

I just dont understand it, if I could take that pri*k to court now I would and I would love to deck him, in fact kill him!

hi wayne im really sorry for what u have been through but also its very brave that u have come on here and been very honest and also that u r doing somethinng about your drinking and other issues to give u and yr wife a better and happier future. i too feel let down by my parents and mu other half was beaten by his but together we ave built a happy family and it doesnt matter about anyone else. parents will never change but we can and wot happend in our past as horrid as it was doesnt have to keep haunting us we can put it behind us and show them that we can be successful and happy in our life. forget the idiots in this world hun just concentrate on u. cbt helped me deal with a lot of anger and im sure it would help u to to think differently about things too, hugs and please keep us posted and im sure u will do just fine, cos u are a good person hugs xxxxxx
    Last edited by marie1974; 03-06-08 at 10:22. Reason: spelling mistakes

Thanks Donna,

My Wife also had an abusive Father,

She has a great skill of not letting it spoil her life, unfortunately I dont pocess that skill, after detox I will get after care and hopefully I will develop this great skill.

Wayne

Wayne, I am so sorry that you are hurting and angry by your parents lack of concern, but just remember honey the one person who means the world to you, is there for you...your wife!!

Oh and trust me Social Services do not always follow up on things, not even nowdays...I know that only too well, in fact I found them to be absolutely f***ing useless.

Kaz

hi wayne my hubby was beaten by parent bad but he is so much more postive and layed back about life, i was not beaten just not shown love and never felt part of my family and its me that suffering and so angry, we are all different. but after the detox make sure you get necessary counselling because if u are very honest with them they will really help and have u thought about exercise cos i brisk walk every day with my ipod and gets rid of biult up tension and anger and its made me alot more positive, motivated, loseweight and alot happier. at first u will be tired but giv it month or so and u will have loads of energy. just a thought for after the detox and stuff. it also gives me an adrenilin buzz too, any form of exercise is a great healer for alsorts.
    Last edited by marie1974; 03-06-08 at 10:37. Reason: spelling

Yes Kaz, spot on,
    you read all the time about Kids that have been killed and the social services knew there were problems, it makes me so angry.
    Believe me, I am not voilent and I think I said before, its me that has to calm my wife down and my step kids!! LOL

Wayne

Wayne,

I don't think for one minute that you are violent

I just feel so much for anyone who has had an abusive childhood etc. I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in either Social Services or the whole Legal Services in general, they let me down so very very much...maybe if they hadn't of...I wouldn't be the way I am

Kaz

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information