Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clogged/full ears . . .

Clogged/full ears . . .

For almost 6 weeks my ears have felt clogged and full - like there's liquid in 'em. When I swallow and experience clicking as if I have just changed altitude. Occationally when I open my mouth or sometimes when walking or turning my head I can hear them crackle.

This is one of my more worrisome symptoms because this . . . occompanied with my visual disturbances, headaches and pressure makes me believe I have something serious going on. I worry and research things and end up considering things such as cerebrospinal fluid leaks etc . . .

I had a CT scan 11/12 days ago and it was normal.

Still worry though . . . anyone out there in my position?
    Last edited by WILLIAMthedude; 04-06-08 at 00:14.

Re: Clogged/full ears . . .

Mine does that too - just tried it

Never thought about it before but had it for years

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

I have this fullness of ears at the moment, along with headaches, pressure, lite headed.

I think maybe my sinuses are playing up, but of course im thinking something more serious

love mandie x

I get this too. Always assumed it was jaw tension.

I get this! it was found that i had a middle ear infection - think i'ld had it for around 5 months! I was diagnosed after turning up at one of those primary care centres at the local hospital where you dont need an apptmt but see a doctor or a nurse there and then, but though its apparantly cleared up i still do get all of those sensations though not as bad as before i know its all anxiety symptons -as per usual! Good luck and really hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks for the responses folks but I posted my symptoms onto a website for people who have cerebrospinal leaks and some of those people believe my symptoms are indicative of a leak . . . I am at the edge of reason here . . .

I'm gonna call BUPA for an appointment, gonna have to get the train to Glasgow and pay £60 for it, I just want more than what the NHS are doing for me, which is limited . . . I want questions answered, sure, it might be my anxiety running wild but I just dunno . . . I mean, my eye vessels just got all red and inflamed as well as experiencing some pressure, pretty bad for a while there . . . what is causing that?

I'm desperate for a solution.

Sorry about the tone of panic but that's where am at . . . my panic station.

All the best.

Hi William i have experienced the fullness in the ears since having a brain tumour removed in Feb.
    When i visited my consultant the other week he said it was nothing to do with the tumour so that put my mind at ease. Since then as i have calmed down these symptoms seem to have disappeared.

Hope this reassures you a little.

Mandy xx

Hi William forgot to say that CT scans are very thorough as that is how they found my tumour, so try not to worry.

Mandy

Hi William, by all means go for your tests, i prob would if i were you, but reading your posts i agree with the ppl who think its your sinuses. The sinuses connect via your head, ears, nose,face etc and the pain can be bad...as can the pressure, and the feeling you have in your ears..thats really typical of it.

It can also give you a sore throat and a cough because of swallowing all the gunk. I know its freaking you out and as i said go for the tests to put your mind at rest but while you're waiting to go try some sinus relieving remedies and just see how it goes.

If you had this other condition i'm sure you'd have far more physical problems than you describe...and yes the red vessels in your eyes can be affected by your swollen sinuses too.

Take care
    Cathy V xx

William,

Please excuse my forthrightness here.

I've just done some research of my own about CSF leaks. Here's what I've found out.

CSF leaks occur in 1 in 50,000 people. Your odds are 50,000-1. In a two-horse race between a sinus problem (very common, like 1 in 25 people at some point, so 25-1) and a CSF leak - between the two, I know where my £10 would go.

Secondly, a CT Scan would indicate a need for further testing for a CSF leak.

I honestly think you're worrying about nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information