Thread: scared of no medical help

scared of no medical help

I get panicky if I think that I am too far away from medical help, like a hospital or an ambulance and something will happen and I will die while waiting on medical attention.I am nervous driving on the interstate in between exits because I can't get off and get help.This is driving me crazy.Please help

Re: scared of no medical help

Hey honey, I tried replying to your other thread. How come it's closed?

In reply to your other thread: This lump could be nothing more than a fatty lump, a cyst or an enlarged gland. Have you seen your GP about it? It's definatley worth seeing into if it's causing you this much panic.

In reply to this post:

I know how you feel about being panicky and it's not a nice thing to be going through, the only thing I can suggest is speaking about it with your GP maybe get some counselling/cbt?

Try taking your mind off it while you're driving? Listening to music or something. Try getting a hands free kit and call someone when you're driving? I know talking helps take your mind of things, I normally ring someone when I'm panicky (Unless it's at stupid hours) And I find it calms me down.

Don't know if this's been much help chick but good luck
    Emz xx

P.s, I'm still here if you need to talk. x

Quote Originally Posted by nicole27 View Post
    I get panicky if I think that I am too far away from medical help, like a hospital or an ambulance and something will happen and I will die while waiting on medical attention.I am nervous driving on the interstate in between exits because I can't get off and get help.This is driving me crazy.Please help
    I am sure where ever you are help will arrive in time, especially with the modern technology. I live in a rural area and grew up in a small village in the middle of nowhere. There was only one ambulance for the area which was based 12 miles away and yet I never heard of anyone dying because help didn't arrive soon enough.

Hi Nicole
    I to have a problem with being to far away from medical help, i have a holiday home in quite a rural area and always feel a bit panicky when im there, however, i go arwmed with all sorts of things to help me including my papaerbags incase i hyperventolate, touch wood so far so good. Trixie im sure is right in what she says, that if you do need help, it will get to you,
    Best of luck
    POLLYXX

I panic as well.

And if I go away anywhere I always scope out the hospitals, so I know where they are. So I totally get your point of view.
    I live in a rural area also and they seem to pretty good at getting ambulances to where I live (i have called a couple in the height of my anxiety :-s.

If I go on the plane I nick the paper sick bags for my panic attacks, and lots of rescue remedy.

Keep smiling, please don't worry.

Emira
    x

I can and will get through this....

Thread Information