Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citalopram yet again (sorry)!

Hi cazz,

so sorry to hear about your miscarriages, that is a such lot to take in, in such a short time,
    I think once the meds have kicked in properly you will start to sleep a bit better, when i was at my worst i used to sleep on the settee with the tv on. it was weird but i did sleep better it was like my mind was relaxed cos i was not in bed and didnt think i had to be asleep, i did that until it stopped being an issue if i was asleep or not,
    i did bottle things up like you and it does not help at least on this site u can pour it all out and you dont feel judged and people understand what you mean,

hope things improve for you soon hen xxxx

kairen x

Thanks for your support, once again, Kairen! [:X]

I'm sure I will get there. The last 2 nights, I've woken early and thought, "So what"?!...and I've been able to drift off and get a bit more sleep!

Hope you are well.

Love and hugs

Caz xx

Hi Caz

Pleased over the last few nights you have managed to get a little more sleep.

Take care of yourself.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Caz,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, on Citalopram and zopiclone, desperate to get a good nights sleep...my insomnia also worsened when I first started taking citalopram, and it started making me afraid of nightime (because I associated it with sleeplessness, which just makes it worse). For me it took about 3 weeks on 20 mg of citalopram for to be able to get back to sleep after the zopiclone had worn off (4 hours after I took it), so just hang in there. I also take my pills in the evening, which makes me a bit drowsy and calmer in the night so its easier to get back to sleep once I wake up. Might be worth a try if you're still having problems sleeping.

Take care, hope that your good nights are continuing

Lisa

Hi everyone - thanks so much for your replies!

The reason why I've waited so long to respond is that I was starting to feel a bit better and I thought that, if I posted something too positive, I would be putting some sort of curse on myself and end up feeling worse! Mad, isn't it?! [Yeah!]

Anyway, I am still feeling much better! Seems like the citalopram did start to work...after about 6 weeks, I'd say, for me (2 weeks on 10mg, 4 weeks on 20mg).

I'm back at work and I've been sleeping better, on the whole - More importantly, I'm not panicking when I can't sleep, which, in my experience, is really the key to it all. I've halved my Zopiclone.

I'm just feeling, generally, calmer. Sure, I get days when I'm feeling anxious, but I'm able to cope with this anxiety better.

Thanks so much for your support over this difficult time. You have helped me a great deal. [:X] Let's hope I continue to feel well and that I am able to give others some help!

My advice to anyone concerned about the side effects of antidepressants is - stick in there!

Love and hugs

Caz xx

Nice to hear you are feeling better Caz!!

Good to hear your symptoms have improved Caz..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks, guys!

Hope you are all well.

Caz xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information