Thread: Sick of feeling like this!!

Sick of feeling like this!!

Hi
    I am hoping someone can help me today. I have got up and feel totally rubbish again--the old worries about lymphoma have returned. I really thought i was getting on top of things.
    Granted, I have really bad PMT which i think must be making me feel worse.
    I am feeling, prodding, poking----made my groin really hurt and also my collar bone is hurting too now!!I lay in bed last night and felt every possible place and convinced myself i could feel lumps and bumps all over.
    I know i am on the waiting list for CBT but i feel rubbish now!!
    I have the PROPRANOLOL in the cupboard and I KNOW i need to take them but i feel so worried about side effects.
    OH says what is the point in going to the doc if you get tablets and wont take them---and hey i know he is right but i cant seem to MAKE myself take them!!!
    Please can someone tell me why i am feeling so rubbish again and do you think the tablets will help???

Re: Sick of feeling like this!!

jelly, sorry i find ha really difficult to understand hun, but i do have sa and understand the frustartion of negative thinking and endless worrying.

my advice would be to take a chance on the meds hun.

i know ive been criticised in the past for trusting my gp, and even tho my meds are not proving to be the best at the mo, the gp only does what he professionally thinks would be the best for u.

the meds may just help give u back rational perspective to tackle ur anxieties

sorry im not much help hun xx

milly

Hey Jelly,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad today. I'm having a really bad ha attack too so completely understand. We all know that our fears are irrational but keep doing the checking and worrying anyway. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Put pen to paper and write it all down and maybe that will help.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
    Natalie

Hi Jelly,

PMT definately makes anxiety worse.........big style!!! I accept that and don't go prodding/poking at this time as i know i will 'find' something to worry about.
    I take propranolol and it helps take the edge off things. I have never had side effects at all. Try it

anx xx

Thanks everyone.
    Today has been pretty rubbish. I dont know why the heck i get in such states. I have now got my collar bone hurting and my groin aching---all through prodding. I now cant tell if there is anything there as it hurts so much and is no doubt swollen with poking. Roll on the CBT!!!!!!!

Anxious thanks for being so kind. I honestly know that when i have PMT it is one huge mistake to poke/prod but i keep at it!!!!! I seem to be fine when i dont have PMT.
    I will defo give the propranolol a go.What dosage are you on?
    I have been prescribed 80mg slow release once a day. It is for the migraines too so i know i have to give it a go!!
    I bet everyone is getting sick of me now. I have just got such an obsession with lymphoma and i cant seem to be convinced i am ok!!!
    What will it take too convince me?
    xxx

Hi Jelly,

i can take 10mg up to three times a day, but mines only for panic/anxiety. I know its a low dose and people take much more without side effects.
    What will it take too convince me?

You will probably get bored eventually or find something else to worry about Hang on in there

love anx xx

Thread Information