Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: more horrible stomach symptoms, when will this end...

Unhappy more horrible stomach symptoms, when will this end...

I am feeling so hopeless, guys..i really need some reassurance. I wrote about my bloating problem and the feeling like i have a heavy dough in my stomach. This has been bothering me for like 2 weeks now, on and off, coz there were some good days, but more bad days.
    Now, since yesterday I started feeling so sick. I haven't actually been sick, but the nausea is so unbearable, i feel anytime i will...The nausea gets a bit better and than terribly bad, like in waves, and when the wave of really bad nausea comes i get this overwhelming feeling of gloom, like i suddenly feel so depressed, the feeling is so strong that i feel like it's taking me over and i would need to struggle to release from its grip...that feeling that nausea brings, that is what it's most difficult to handle...
    I also burp. But nothing I have tried helps me, rennies, milk of magnesia, mint and fennel, remegal with simethicone, ranitidine...Nothing! I am scared to try sparkling water, i read Meg's post saying that helps, but i'm worried it will make my gas worse...
    I really feel so so overwhelmed by this...

Re: more horrible stomach symptoms, when will this end...

Hi Millie

A couple of months ago I had that awful nausea. It came over me in waves throughout the day and sometimes at night. I also had a really bubbly stomach. Nothing I took helped at all but I did find that if I ate a little bit the nausea eased a touch. I ate chocolate porridge and soup mostly. My GP was no help whatsoever, she just told me to drink peppermint tea or ginger ale and did a load of blood tests that all came back normal. I felt as if I would never get better, never be able to eat again etc etc. But I promise you the nausea does go, it took two weeks for me but it did go.

Take care

Harli

Thank you Harli so much,
    I feel too like I won't be able to eat normal again...This afternoon I started having the bubbly bloated stomach again and the palpitations, alongside nausea. It is not a little burp when the gas starts coming out, it is long, noisy and really terrible . But it is just never enough, like there's always more!
    It's hard to cope with feeling my heart beating faster, and i can't breathe in deeply coz of the bloating so it all works together i guess to make me feel really horrible.
    I just feel like weeping, i am so fed up...i've just been sitting here all afternoon-evening listening to my heart and burping, battling in my head how to overcome this...it's hard to think everything's gonna be alright when you feel your chest pulsing as your heart beats and this lasts for hours.
    Sorry guys for rambbling, i really need some help getting through this...

Dear Mila,
    I too have suffered from bloated feelings and a heavyness in my stomach. It felt constantly knotted up and on occasions I felt nauseous. I have found that sipping tonic water helps. But have found a vast improvement since I have eaten an Activia yogurt every day. It may be worth a try!
    Take care. Nikki. x

Mila

Did you try the Activia yoghurts and Muller light vitality drinks that a few of us suggested?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

Sounds like irratible bowel syndrome to me

Go and see Gp and see what they say

If its IBS they can give you some pills that will get shot of it

I had exactly what you describe and was diagnosed with it......but you must see Gp its not something you can self diagnose!!! There are no nasty tests just a chat with doc!!

Hope this helps

Kaz x x x

Unhappy Re: more horrible stomach symptoms, when will this end...

Thank you guys so much for the replies and thanks for all the advice, i have been taking activia for about a week now, and today i also had some probiotic capsules, i shall definitely try the tonic water even though i'm worried about it giving me more air in the stomach, right now i would do absolutely anything to make this go away, that is how desperate i feel...

I had trouble sleeping last night, it was like big bubbles of air wanted to come out of my stomach and everytime it happened i felt like my heart almost would stop beating. Now I already dread going to bed tonight! I feel those bubbles in my throat now...

i went out today, have some friends over and we went to york, a lovely day and all, i really tried to at least look alright, inside i just can't stand being in myself, keep looking at people eating ice cream and just eating you know, and i became almost scared to eat...although i feel just the same when i wake up in the morning with no food in my stomach...

It's been days now without a break and i feel so hopeless, like i will never get better.It is very hard for me to believe anyone felt like this before. I am so sorry for ranting, but this is affecting me so much, it makes me feel so depressed and frustrated that i just don't know what to do with myself...

I feel the same as u pretty much. I've had constant nausea for 5 weeks and it feels like it'll never end. Im emetophobic, so im scared to even eat incase im sick. Ive lost a stone in weight and I feel about to 2 just give up I feel so gross.i lay in bed for hours watching tv cos as soon as I stop concentrating on something I start to panic cos I think I'm gna puke! Nausea has seriously taken over my life!!

hi , im new but just had to reply to you as i used to have terrible stomach problems due to being anxious and panicy before going out, i would be physically sick or would have the runs (sorry too much info i know) and the best thing that has helped settle my stomach is accupuncture, it has even reduced bloating too. i would be happy to share more info with you if you want to know more.
    karen x

Jasmin, I understand very well what you mean it's taken over your life. My nausea goes, but that doesn't mean a break, it just means i get other symptoms tormenting me then, but i can't even concentrate on watching tv, even then i can just think how i feel and how i can't bear it anymore...

Karen, i was just thinking tonight i have to try accupuncture, i went couple of months ago and i definitely have to go now as soon as possible...

I just got back from the theatre, the show was lovely, but i just couldn't enjoy it really, i was struggling with the gas all evening, i have no idea where this enormous amounts of gas come from, it's crazy...i could feel big air bubbles under my breast bone and also in my throat, and my stomach just mostly feels like there's lead there...i am really trying to keep myself going and do everything i can to not let this completely overcome me, but i feel like i'm really struggling...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information