Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: started sertraline 4 days ago - crap day

Re: started sertraline 4 days ago - crap day

Hi Mandi :

I am going through the exact same thing as you are. I was on Celexa for years till it stopped working. I was on 60mg and I'm currently weening off of Celexa @ 10mg decreases per 7 days. I'm currently on 40mg of Celexa and going to be upping the Zoloft to 75mg (I started on 25mg).

I am finding that since this last decrease to 40mg of Celexa I am very anxious. I discussed this with my doctor and she informed me this was normal and in the meantime I was instructed to take clonazapam/Klonopin as needed.

I've had 2 different pdoc's over the years. My last pdoc would not ween me off an antidepressant onto another. I would just stop taking the current antidepressant and start another. The pdoc I have now is weening me off and onto another antidepressant at the same time. I don't really find much of a difference as both methods caused anxiety.

Try to hang in there and know what you are feeling is normal. You will level off in time. If you are having unbearable anxiety I would definately contact my doctor.

Take Care

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Hello

I've been on Sertraline, and was lucky I didn't get any initial side effects. While taking it (for 5 years) I did occasionally feel nauseous though, and my doctor suggested trying 'Motilium' which you can buy over the counter from your pharmacy. That usually stopped the 'sicky' feeling.

If you get dizzy and nauseous, ask your doctor for an anti-emetic that works on that - again, something my GP tried. I wasn't particularly dizzy though, so the Motilium worked better for me.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Hi

I've been on sertraline 4 days and just spoke to my GP on the phone and he agreed that i should come off it. Making me feel crazy anxious...on another level! Also really spaced out, not sleeping. A lot worse than i was before i started on them. I'm gonna think very carefully before giving anything else a go. Might try something herbal...or just go back to my routine of lots of exercise and braving through things...its worked for me in the past and i got better so i'm sure i can make it work again.

Best of luck

ive been taking sertraline since 2002, and also had your symptoms,mostly feeling i was going to have a attack , i found they went after the first couple of weeks, DONT STOP taking them you will start feeling better.if you are really concerened check with your gp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information