Thread: Do I have OCD?

Do I have OCD?

Hi I am not really sure what OCD is... I just assumed it was people who had odd rituals or obsessed with leaving the iron etc, but now I realise that was naive

Recently I have been suffering from anxiety/ panic attacks which is slowly easing up. However I am obsessed by thoughts of death, its horrible. I imagine what the moment I die will be like, what will happen to me after death. What if I go to hell? I cant see how anyone can be happy, knowing death could be just around the corner. What if i get an illness where I am given less than a year to live? How will I feel? Terrified. Death feels so lonely.

It scares so much as I know one day I have to die. I am scared of anything to do with death- have stopped watching the news and tremble at the thought of horror fils, despite being the number 1 horror movie fan. I used to love gothic art and now I HATE it.

Sometimes I wonder if what the use of the effort is in getting over these thoughts, as I will just have to face them one day anayway.

Am I just facing up to my mortality or is this OCD?

Re: Do I have OCD?

Hi

I defo would make the effort to have a go at dealing and reducing these thoughts as although death is inevitable, u don't wanna spend the rest of yr days ruined by the upset and distress caused by thinking about it. I had CBT for a similar problem and it helped. Maybe you could see your doc and talk to them about what you have said here. There is a form of ocd called 'pure O' where the sufferer has obssesive thoughts without compulsions to perform rituals. I feel for you cos I have been there .

You can sort this with the right help xx
    Hope xx

Thread Information