Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panic?

Hiya All,

Sadie - I remember the first time I went numb. I thought I was having a stroke.It does pass the more you learn to relax

minnieminx - Anticipatory anxiety - almost worse than the panic itself - can you do something to take your mind off what you dread??

Take Care
    Lucky

Hey Sadie,

What you describe sounds like anxiety. I have had the same, been to the emergency room a ton of times too. I even had extensive cardiac testing done, just to find out that I do have a "stretched heart valve" which the cardiologist assured me that atleast half of the population has and is not life threatening. However when I get a twitching, feeling numb, tingly, and my hand feels weak to make a full fist. I feel like it is definitely a heart attack or stroke. I have survived these feelings a ton of times, and still have not had a heart attack or stroke. So I suppose the cardiologist is right after all. LOL................... and of course the feeling that something terrible is going to happen is "impending doom" anxiety as well, try to calm down and find something to take your mind off of these feelings and thoughts. Find a way to just relax, I know at times easier said than done, but try, try, try!!!!! Come back to let us know how you are getting along.
    Love

Diana xxxx

Hiya Nina,
    I`m not sure what makes us like this except that we have a chemical inbalance. I do know we can not start avoiding things, people or places as it will only make us worse. I guess it`s like the old saying goes "To get over your fears, you must face them"!!!! That`s what we do, everyone to their own current abilities of course. Just do not stop doing things or avoiding things to get better, because that does not work. Keep ya chin up!!!

Diana xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information