Thread: Maeannas update on hynosis for Emetophobia!

Maeannas update on hynosis for Emetophobia!

Hey,
    not sure if this is in the right forum (apologies if its not!) but i wanted to write about my hypnosis and keep it updated!
    Well i was really nervous before i went in yesterday but my partner gave me an 'energy' bracelet and told me to think of that giving me postitive energy which i did and it took my mind off the nerves!
    I think i was more nervous about if my hypnotist made me regress back to when i was 3 and the incident which i believe started me having Emetophobia (my 18mth old sister being s*** in the car over my friend!) that it might make me ill in his office! I told him this and he said i would be fine!
    Anyway he explained everything he was gonna do in crystal clear detail (which is v important for an emetophobe coz I always like to be in control and know exactly whats happenin!) and then i lay back in the chair and using relaxation, visualisation and self hypnosis techniques I was nice and chilled out! I didnt feel scared just tired! and this session he just taught me how to visualise nice things like my fave holiday and how to control the hypnosis myself. He also gave me a cd to listen to as part of my homework everyday.
    I came out feeling very chilled out and according to my partner i walked with my head held high something i dont usually do. I also had a really deep sleep last night again something quite rare for me so do believe that this is gonna work for me and hopefully will see an end to my emetophobia!
    Will keep u updated after my next session when he starts the actual regression bit !(urgh!)
    Am now feeling confident to go and get the tube somewhere! (havent decided where yet!!!)
    Thanks for reading (sorry its long winded!)

Re: Maeannas update on hynosis for Emetophobia!

hey meanna

been considering this myself, so im really glad ur writing updates

im too scared to try at mo

but im really grateful for u posting

thanks

milly xx

Well done, keep up the good work

oh well done that sounds like your def going to get there good luck

amandaxx

Hey Thanks for ur messages of support! it means alot to me to try and overcome this so i can help others with emetophobia. I actually managed to get the tube without my mp3 player!!! the first time in years! (addmitadly i had my bottle of water and anti sickness tablets!) but i was fine! albeit i only went one stop but thats a start and it made me realise that u have to start taking the small steps first and do it at your own pace!
    Milly you will know when the time is right for you to get help,like i said ive had this for 25yrs and only started getting help this year!
    Il keep u updated in 2 weeks after my next sesh!
    ttfn
    xxx

Thread Information