Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be gentle!

Smile Be gentle!

Hello everyone,

I've been suffering from panic attacks for about 10 years. I have no idea if there was a specific trigger, but spent much time at the docs having various blood tests etc to find nothing really wrong other than IBS. I coasted along for a few years having good weeks and bad days, then when I had my first child in 2003 I suffered mild PND, for which no help was forthcoming, which made my panic really bad (lack of sleep, isolation, huge feeling of responsibility etc etc). I had my second child in 2005 and had worse PND, so saw the doc, who was so horrible to me and told me anti -d's or electric shock therapy were my only options. Then we moved house and I got a lovely health visitor, who was more understanding and sent me to a PND support group and told me to ask my new doctor for CBT. I saw a lovely counsellor but as it was NHS it was limited to a certain number of sessions. I was ok for a while after that, as his suggestions and techniques were fresh in my mind and I was only getting the odd bad day. I was proud of the fact I had still not had anti - d's ( although I understand that people do need them) but I didn't want to go down that road as the possible side effects scared me.
    Anyway, here I am now, and things have got worse, bad days have started outweighing the good, and to be honest, I'm really hacked off! I found this wonderful site by accident and hope that it can help me to fight back and make the good days return. I also hope to make some new friends that can understand this madness!!!

M x

Re: Be gentle!

Hi M

to the site where im sure u will find lots of us who know what u are going through

love mandiex

Hi and welcome

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hello Moo,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here. All the best xx

Welcome to NMP

I have only been a member for a short time but everyone here seems really nice!!

Hi Moo

Welcome to NMP

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Hello and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice on here and will also meet people who truly understand how you are feeling.

Kaz x

hi moo, welcome

glad u decided to join the nmp family

its a life saver here

milly xx

Hello M And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well..........linda

Hi Moo,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information