Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Managing the Stress

Ray

The charity work sounds like a great idea so I hope that works out for you.

Are you any good as a general handy man? You could do a bit of gardening etc to earn some extra cash.

I agree that you should aim to do something every day but not necessarily something mammoth. Some days you could just wash the windows in the house or clean a cupboard out.

Boredom can breed anxiety cos we have too much time to think about things.

Nicola

Nic,

My coping skills are at present abysmal, and my OT is aware of this.

The hospice thought of doing a bit of gardening being ideal, as I could be very flexible as to how much I did and when, but unfortunately its not a job I enjoy and it seems to have a bad effect on my anxiety.

And am far from being a handyman - I could tell you a joke about what I was like at woodwork at school. We all had to make a stool and all my legs didn't fit so just tried everyone else's cast-offs to see if they would do, but they didn't lol.

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Ray

You are heading in the right direction mate and in time you will be ready to take on employment but until then try what you have suggested and see how it goes. Even if you dont like it it will be a confidence boost.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Ray,

Hope you are feeling a bit more positive today !!!!,
    You where very quiet last night, hope your ok hun,
    Dont stress your self out thinking about a job it will come to you when the time is right, just try doing stuff you enjoy at the minute, and take it from there, try not to think to far ahead,
    anyway must dash have to wash my hair xx

kairen x

Hi Ray,

I have also been off work for a while, and was finding that sitting at home all day definitely makes it worse. So I found a women's outreach center and volunteer there casually. Thought that I was be a nervous wreck my first day, but I wasn't (a little nervous, yes). It was wonderful! Once I got working I was so enveloped in what I was doing I didn't have time for those nasty thoughts to come into my head. And at the end of the day I felt great that I had helped someone else out. Very satisfying and positive experience. Volunteering may help you in this way...in theory it is supposed to be a selfless act, but I'm sure you will find that you greatly benefit as well from the positive emotions. And if it helps to think this way, remember that it is a volunteer position, so their expectations of you are probably nowhere near as high as you are worried about!
    Please let us know how your first day goes. You will feel nervous, but try to give it a go, and I'm sure you will quickly feel confortable.

Lisa

Ray

We will support you whatever you feel is best for you and are here for you whenever you need us, well when you get out of the bar mate.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information