Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullying

Jade,

I also found that talking to the Head of house was of no use whatsoever.

She said that she is always hearing kids saying that they are going to "batter" someone and that it doesn't usually mean anything :( What a loaf of c**p!!

I found that going direct to the Headmaster was the only way forward and boy did things move then! He didn't seem to like the fact that I was critical of the Head of House. Tough, it was my daughter involved and I would have moved mountains to get things put right for her.

You really should try to tell someone about this. Your school life should be happy and free from fear. No child should ever have to go through school contemplating suicide. Please talk to someone as soon as you can.

Thinking of you

Love Kate xx

Hi Mynydd,

Thank you for your reply.

This is what bullies don't seem to understand. The effects of their behaviour carries on into their victims adulthood. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to talk to your psychologist about it all, that must have been such a relief.

Bullies rely on the victim not telling. Fortunately, my daughters form of OCD means that she has to tell me everything as she thinks something bad will happen to me if she doesn't! This proved to be quite useful when the bullying was going on as she was telling me the whole story on a daily basis.

I hope that you can move forward from your awful experiences and find peace within yourself.

Love Kate xxx

I was picked on at high school...although I had a great group of friends who im stil friends with now (I left school 6 years ago), i was in some classes without them and the 'popular' kids would tease me and make comments. I was quite shy when on my own so i just used to take it. I was fine when with my friends as they never seemed to bother me then. and i dont thik my friends where aware of it.

I still think about it every few days. i dont think ive ever dealt with it and ive never ever told anyone about it.

I suffer with depression, ocd, anxiety panic attacks and i dont know what the cause of them is.

I have a great relationship with my fiance who i live with.

I wonder whether is i tell my phychiatrist about this whether it will help or whether im just making a mountain out of nothing, and probably what happened all thoses years ago doesnt mean anything??

Tatty B xx

Hi Tatty,

If you still regularly think about the bullying and you have never really dealt with it, then you are definately not making a mountain out of nothing.

Maybe the bullying has had the effect of making you anxious and so would be totally relevant to how you are feeling in the present time.

I would discuss it with your psychiatrist. Bringing it all out into the open and being able to talk about it with someone who will not judge, will do you the world of good.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Kate xx

Thanks Kate.

I will def talk to him when I next see him.

I am a very self concious and have low self esteem which I think probably stems from when I was at high school as I never spoke out, or if i did speak I was ridiculed...Kids can be so horrible!!

How are things with you and hows your daughter?

Tatty B xx

Hi Tatty,

Yes, you are so right, kids can be really cruel.

Any bullying is dreadful and no one should ever have to endure it. We have to send our children to school, by law, so the environment in which they are taught should be safe. As parents, we would never put our children in dangerous or frightening situations so this should not be allowed to happen at school either.

Hannah saw the bully out on the street on Sunday and they actually talked to each other. The best thing that I did was to go to the Head master and that is exactly what I will do if anything else happens.

Hannah seems happier now that she can at least venture out of the front door and go to school without running the risk of being beaten up. For me and her dad it seems to be taking longer for us to become calm again. Her dad has had a constant headache now for 5 days and my anxiety is still very high. But I think it will take us a while to all get over this and move on.

I hope it all goes well with your psychiatrist and that you can finally start to put your own horrible experiences of bullying behind you.

Thinking of you

Love Kate xx

Im really glad things are looking up with you , Hannah and your husband.

I compleatly agree with what you say.

I dont have children yet, so i can only imagin how hard it must be to see them go through it.

Its such a positive thing that the meeting with the headmaster went well...hopfully it will be a turning point for you all.

Its good that she hasnt hid it from you and your husband, as hiding it can only make it worse.

hang in there and be positive

Tatty B xx

Thanks Tatty.

One other little thing that I forgot to mention, Hannah says that the girl who was bullying her wears a blue anti bullying band, how ironic :(

Love Kate xx

That really does take the p**s doesnt it...

I think the bands are a great idea but cant help thinking that they're somtimes more of a fashion statement then people wearing them for what they really stand for....such as in this girls case [Sigh...]

Tatty B xx

I wear that band!

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information