Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullying

Bullying

We have just had the most awful 3 weeks. My daughter, Hannah, has been bullied by text messages and phone calls, by a girl from her school who also lives in the next road to us.

This girl wanted to beat Hannah up, called her some horrible names.

Hannah wouldn't go out of the house on her own, sat in her room for hours on end, it broke my heart.

On the Monday, first day back at school, me and hubby went to see her Head of House who totally didn't want to know. Hannah wasn't at school, she wouldn't go, wanted us to move house and to move her to another school.

On the Tuesday, my brave daughter said that she must go back to school. I went off to work not knowing what would be happening to her at school.

She came home and said that the Ed Psychologist had her and the bully in
    and talked to them about everything apart from their argument.

So, I phoned the Head teacher and told him all that had happened, complained about the Head of House's attitude, and told him I wanted it sorted.

Friday Hannah and the bully had a meeting with the Head of House and it was all thrashed out. The Head of House even phoned me at work to tell me how it had gone.

The bully has been warned off and we have had no more text or phone messages.

The effects though are going to be long lasting. The extended family, grandparents, aunties even my own friends, have all phoned me everyday to see how Hannah was and how things were going. They all love her as much as me and hubby do and it upset everyone so much to see what she was going through.

My anxiety and depression are awful too. Even though it is Saturday I didn't want to be bothered to get out of bed today and have just mooched around the house feeling so low.

Hubby has had a 3 day headache and has been worried out of his mind about her.

And Hannah? Her OCD had been dreadful, the touching things a number of times, doing rituals. repeating things, well, it's all gone off the scale at the moment. She has changed over the last few weeks. She is crying a lot of the time, her temper is dreadful, she is just so down.

I have had 2 of her school friends round today. They've had pizza and are watching DVD's in her room. I'm hoping that she will gradually start to feel better, hoping that we can all start to relax a bit more.

Until it happens to YOUR child, you have no idea what an effect bullying has on the whole family and indeed the extended family. When the child who is being bullied also has mental health problems, it makes it all the more difficult to deal with.

I want Hannah to be happy, I want to hear her laughing again, to go to school without being scared, to not spend hours in her room on her own. I want her to be a carefree child once again.

I just hope that it really has been sorted and that we can get on with living again. I hope that bullies can one day think before they wreck peoples lives, put themselves in the place of the victim. No one deserves to have their lives affected so badly by the actions of others.

Kate x

Kate,

I'm so sorry to hear about this awful experience you have all had and Hannah has had to deal with herself on top of her other issues.

I think you did so well in handling it and pushing the school to sort it out.

I really hope it is over and things can return to normal.

Love
    Meg

Kate

My heart goes out to you!!!

You have enough to cope with without all this going on.:( I hope Hannah will be ok and it all gets sorted and blows over quickly.

Bullying is a big issue at schools and I am sure it will not be helping her as she is feeling a bit down and sensitive as it is.

I can't offer a solution mate but I can offer you all my support and a big hug

Take care Kate
    x

Nicola

Yeah, a big hug from me too, Kate.

I'm appalled at the behaviour at the Head of House. Makes you wonder what he thinks his job is...

Hope things get sorted soon

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Hiya Kate

I dont know what to say hon.
    I really do hope that this bully has been warned off for good and that Hannah can get on with being a kid again.

Much love and Hugs

Sarah
    xx

Hi Kate,

I had this problem with my youngest son, it was a nightmare.
    Schools dont seem to want to admit when they have a problem and try to brush it under the carpet. Well done for not allowing them to do that.

Take comfort in the fact that you have so many caring members of the family around you. It will help your daughter to feel more secure having people around her that love her.

Give yourself a big pat on the back for being a super mum.

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Hiya, i know what hannah is goin through

during the morning i wouldnt say a word, i would just get on and get ready for school.

during school i would be even more quiet, sometimes never say a word. i would have pens paper rulers and other equipment thrown at me, rulers bein the worst. also durin pe if we were doin badminton peeps would hit my with their rackets if i ''annoyed'' them, i had brouses but never tell anyone. i was always depressed at school and a mate would sort of mock me like ''you should stand up for yourself because you are so quiet and you will always be a boffin'' it really hurt me!

at home after school i would run to my room and stay there, only come down if i forgot sumot that would get my homework done. i would sumtimes never eat most days, and i lost weight, so much that i was 6 stone, i remember once that i lost a few pounds of that! i would be really dizzy. in a way i was torturin myself or killin myself.

wish i had a mum would could care! in child care iv been reading on emotional development and i have 'low self-esteem' no suprise there

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Jade,

That is awful, is it still going on? If so, you must tell someone. It's the only way to get it to stop.

Love kate xx

It still goes on now but there is no point me tellin anyone because nothing happens, it just makes matters worse.

last time my mum told my head of year and i dont no what she sed but it made the matter alot worse. i was picked on more and i was nearly on the breach to commitin suicide

there is no point now!

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

hi kate,
    i dont know what youre daughter went through but it sounds awful. i was bullied at school and i never talked about it to no one- not until i started going to see the psychologist about my o.c.d. and that was about 5 years after i left. i didnt realise how much it still hurts, i dont think itll ever go away but talking about it does help.
    all i can say is just be their for youre daughter, i never confided in no one and i regret that so give her a big hug and just be their hun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information