Thread: Anyone else on 60mg?

Anyone else on 60mg?

Hi everyone, I was doing really well on 40mg up until about a week ago and have barely stopped crying since Went to docs again today and he's increased my Citalopram to 60mg the maximum dose. I hope it improves the situation.

Just wondered if anyone else is taking such a high dose?

Re: Anyone else on 60mg?

as far as im aware u can go to 60mg of citalopram. im only on 30mg at mo but psychiatrist says that she can go higher.

there are some ppl on nmp who take or who have taken 60mg a day

hope they see ur post hun

milly xx

Hi

I'm on 60mg, have been for quite a while now. Sorry to hear your not doing so well, was there any reason you were upset? I feel tired alot and forgetful, I'm not sure if this is due to citalopram, I've been on anti depressants so long I can't remember what I'm like normally, but those are the major symptoms.

I'm not convinced these are working well enough but my doctor doesnt want to change them because they are "in fashion" and supposed to be better than my old seroxat.

You must have started them by now, hope you are doing ok, post back to let me know

I am on 60mg of citalopram, along with 30mg of buspirone

Quote Originally Posted by mike83 View Post
    Hi

I'm on 60mg, have been for quite a while now. Sorry to hear your not doing so well, was there any reason you were upset? I feel tired alot and forgetful, I'm not sure if this is due to citalopram, I've been on anti depressants so long I can't remember what I'm like normally, but those are the major symptoms.

I'm not convinced these are working well enough but my doctor doesnt want to change them because they are "in fashion" and supposed to be better than my old seroxat.

You must have started them by now, hope you are doing ok, post back to let me know
    Well, I've been on the higher dose now for 2 weeks and my life has improved so much. I feel much more positive and can think straight for the first time in months. I'm able to go about my normal daily duties without too much trouble and my sleeping has improved no end - if I wake up in the night I'm now able to go back to sleep I do, however, feel quite tired but as I'm not working at the mo I'm able to have a little kip after lunch and that sorts me out

I hope your medication is improving your situation Mike and thanks for your posts Clive and Milly

Thread Information