Thread: Emetophobia - Travelling soon and need help!!

Exclamation Emetophobia - Travelling soon and need help!!

I suffer from Emetophobia and although it is manageable at the moment I am a little worried as Im due to fly to France in 2 weeks time and Im starting to worry about the Airport. I was once really ill at the airport and have not flown since - I need some advice on how to cope if i start to panic about being sick at the airport or if anyone else there is sick!! I know its going to be full of people and im even more worried about being on the plane and getting ill... I just want to enjoy my holiday!! Does anyone have any advice? I have heard that Bach's rescue remedy is good, has anyone used this?? Would really appreciate any advice etc!! Thank you!

Re: Emetophobia - Travelling soon and need help!!

First of all well done on booking your trip, and I hope you have a lovely time.
    Are you worried about travel sickness or just being sick generally? If it's the latter, just remind yourself that the fact you were ill at the airport doesn't make it any more likely that you will be again. I also tend to be anxious about revisiting places where I was sick or something traumatic happened, so I do understand. If you're worried about travel sickness, why not take an over the counter remedy or ask your doctor for something? There are also some wristbands available that are supposed to be very good. Your doctor might also give you some valium or something similar just to take the edge off your anxiety on the day you travel. I have tried Rescue Remedy, and yes, it does seem to help with mild anxiety.
    Good luck! x

Re: Emetophobia - Travelling soon and need help!!

Hiya
    I felt the same when i flew to Dublin and Spain last year although mine is just of myself or other peoeple being sick on the plane. I actually went to the dr and asked for some valium and was given 2 one for the way there and 1 for the way home. they worked brilliantly and i even enjoyed the flights and managed to eat on the plane from spain! a first for me! (a lil warning they knocked me out on the way hme from Dublin as i hadnt eaten and i fell asleep on stansted airport platform waiting for the train!!!) they do cause tiredness! but good luck and have a fun holiday! and try meditation as i found that worked as well.

Thread Information