Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist

Wrist

Hi
    I damaged my wrist 5 weeks ago today, its ached since then, but i thought it was just a sprain or something. Now its a little bit swollen. I have a job where i need to use my arm and i have to drive my kids 5 miles to school everyday. So i guess its not had time to rest. Do i need to go to have an xray? I dont like hospitals or doctors so wondered if there is anything i could take to speed up the healing? If it was broken it would be very painfiul wouldn't it?
    Any help would be gratefully received.
    xxxxx

Re: Wrist

In which way did you damage it?

I wacked it on something. It kinda hurt at the time, but it was the next morning it hurt more, but i thought it was just bruised. The weeks have gone on and its no better, and the last couple of days its got worse! and swollen a bit. Someone today said its probably just sprained, because if you can move your fingers it cant be broken?

You may have fractured a bone in the wrist.

I did this to my elbow about 3 weeks ago - it was just a small fracture but still aches now and my hand went numb and swollen.

Might be worth getting it x-rayed for sure.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That is not necessarily the case. Why don't you pop along to casualty and ask them to look at it and put your mind at rest.

I was going to do that Trixie, but i rang my docs today, and the woman said you cant just go along to A&E you need to see your doc first to be sent there, and that they couldn't fit me in til monday, and i had to ring then, at 8.30am grrrrrrrrrrrr
    xxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You may have fractured a bone in the wrist.

I did this to my elbow about 3 weeks ago - it was just a small fracture but still aches now and my hand went numb and swollen.

Might be worth getting it x-rayed for sure.
    What did you do Admin? Is it in plaster? If so how long for? I need to be able to drive and need to be able to work. Bless her, my mum has said i can take my work there every day and she will do it, i dont think she realises how much i do per day hehe. I iron for a living! I will have to do it left handed if it has to be strapped up.
    xxxxx

I had it in a sling for a week - they don't plaster small fractures apparently.

I then had the next week out of sling and was told to use it lightly. I was not able to drive for 2 weeks though.

It could take some time before I can use it fully again though and I am advised not to carry shopping or lift pans etc.

I am not saying yours is fractured but it is a possibilty.

If you go to A&E tomorrow and say it has got worse and can't see doc till Monday they will X-ray it for you I am sure.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ok, might be good if i put a sling on it then, Not use it and maybe see how that goes til monday. If no better i will go see the doc.
    Thank you xxxxxx

Let us know how you get on

Good excuse not to do much as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information