Thread: Arm Weakness

Arm Weakness

I know arm weakness is a syptom of anxiety, but i wanted to know:

"What does your arm weakness feel like?"

Mine feels very weird. It feels like i just dont want to use my arm, even my hand for typing. It feels like i want to let it hang loose by my side and not use it - not even to hold a peice of paper.

Even when resting, it feels like i need to lay my arm flat on a pillow and not use it. Even when resting at times i can still feel the weirdness going through my arm and hand. Its hard to describe the feeling.

This feeling comes and goes, and i tend to feel it in my sholder, forearm, and wrist.

Its felt like this for 7 weeks now. I thought once i accepted i have anxiety and started to relax that this feeling would disappear, but it hasn't.

Does this sound like an anxiety related symptom ?
    Last edited by AcroSplat; 14-06-08 at 11:23.

Re: Arm Weakness

Just out on interest, would you sometimes say that your arm sometimes feels as if it isn't actually part of your body? Yep, you have the percieved weakness but also just the strange feeling that the arm is alien and ever so slightly disconnected from the rest of your body?
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

i sometimes feel like my arm isnt part of my body and feel dont have proper control of it...its always just my left arm and would often think its a stroke that has made it feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by itoldyouiwasill View Post
    Just out on interest, would you sometimes say that your arm sometimes feels as if it isn't actually part of your body? Yep, you have the percieved weakness but also just the strange feeling that the arm is alien and ever so slightly disconnected from the rest of your body?
    Yes i guess it does. It definitely feels different from my other (right) arm which feels normal. It feels like i want to let it drop by my side and not use it. Holding things like paper or a cup, while i dont drop them, my first reaction is to swap hands.

Even making a fist feels weird.

Another way to describe it is that my whole arm and hand feels light and airy, even when resting.

Quote Originally Posted by karen34 View Post
    i sometimes feel like my arm isnt part of my body and feel dont have proper control of it...its always just my left arm and would often think its a stroke that has made it feel that way.

Mine is always my left arm and hand too. I know i havent had a stroke or anything like that .... but i wonder how many people get arm weakness in the left arm only ???

Quote Originally Posted by AcroSplat View Post
    Mine is always my left arm and hand too. I know i havent had a stroke or anything like that .... but i wonder how many people get arm weakness in the left arm only ???

i havent had a stroke either but the wierd feeling used to make me have an irrational thought that its what it was.

I get this in my right arm, and I'm right-handed. I sometimes just pick up something heavy to prove that it still works, and isn't actually any weaker than it feels.

Thread Information