Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Withdrawal symptoms of citalopram

Withdrawal symptoms of citalopram

I have been off them for about 8 months now, i just stopped taking them i didn't gradually come off them. 8 months down the line can my anxiety symptoms that have come back be the withdrawal? Feel that surely it is too much time for it to be that surely?

Re: Withdrawal symptoms of citalopram

Citalopram half life is about 35 hours so depending on your dosage it should have eliminated from your system a long time ago so your body has had plenty of time to adjust, but I would pop back to your Doc. and have a chat just in case rather than suffer in silence.
    Best wishes
    Decca.

You might not have dealt with everything that caused you to become stressed or depressed or anxious, so the ghost of the problem still reaches out to you. Or maybe you're just prone to anxiety now and then.

I would have expected side effects from going cold turkey to have long since come and gone.

Have a look at what it is that makes you feel anxious and try to face it head on if possible, get it sorted out or get it out of your life once and for all.
    Last edited by NoPoet; 20-03-09 at 18:01. Reason: I didn't read the question properly.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

a think some anti-deps actually esculate our anxiexty cbt worked well [talk therapy] n support from friends n family n av no parents left gut u do get there talk bout ur fears keep well madelaine

Can anyone run through what it.s like after 4weeks of taking 20mg citalopram.I've just been presceibed them and don't know what to expect---does the anxiety and panic subside doyour thoghts clear up. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated

i was on citalopram for about 7-8 months and came off cold turkey,used to get head zaps from coming off them,not 6 weeks later im back on 20mg again because i got depressed again,i used to feel sick and abit dizzy sometimes,but youre more than likely to get worse before you get better,but its well worth it!

I have just stopped citalopram, whilst taking it I noticed my personality changing, as my dose was increased (to 40mg) I became increasingly intolerant to people and completely out of my usual character, my friends and family noticed.
    since stopping I am now feeling more like myself although I am suffering from headshocks, I will never take citalopram again nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
    When I started taking it I didn't feel depressed, I was suffering from ME, I think the GP thought it would help but I can only see it made matters worse.

I've been off citalopram for 2 days after being on them for 3 months. I have been having hot and cold flushes. I've been light headed. I have felt nauseous all day. Is this caused by withdrawal symptoms or could it just be a cold that could be coming on?

ive reduced my dosage to half a 10m per day and have been experiencing palps which i have felt for some time and have been monitered and investigated by the gp. i want to come off them completely but dont like the anxiety i am now suffering. i couldnt sleep last night because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by emsicles View Post
    I have just stopped citalopram, whilst taking it I noticed my personality changing, as my dose was increased (to 40mg) I became increasingly intolerant to people and completely out of my usual character, my friends and family noticed.
    since stopping I am now feeling more like myself although I am suffering from headshocks, I will never take citalopram again nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
    When I started taking it I didn't feel depressed, I was suffering from ME, I think the GP thought it would help but I can only see it made matters worse.
    Hey there

My boyfriends been off citalopram 20mg for about 6 days after going cold turkey.
    I agree about the personality thing. Hes become very intolerant and arsey to people, especially me. Now i can start to see his old personality slightly coming back again which is good.
    He was depressed when he went on them (about 6 months ago), now i don't feel he needs them.

Hes going through all the symptoms like constant dizzyness/brain pops/cold sweats. But hes a strong guy and he believes he can get over this.

I just wondered if it was worth it in the end?

thanks
    Lauren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information