Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the chat room so flakey?

Why is the chat room so flakey?

Just been logged out of chat for the fifth time in an hour so given up again for the evening.

Why is the connection to chat so flakey for some? Half way through a conversation people just disappear. What's worse is that half of the people chatting are sensitive and if someone loses connection there's quite often someone who thinks they have offended the person who has left.

Is there some set-up required for virus checkers? Fire Walls?

I've been on many many chat sites and never had a problem like there is on this one. I must have something set wrong as there are some people who never seem to be disconected, but I know that there's also quite a few like me who are in and out like fiddlers elbows.

What are we doing wrong?

Inchy
    /|\

Re: Why is the chat room so flakey?

omg inchy

u never guess what i was thinking

typical milly read it as ppl in chat are flakey

thought ud needed help and were upset with us

lol

love mill xx

What browser are you using?

Have you got the latest java installed?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I keep getting chucked out too, i have java 6 and use internet explorer, it says server has lost connect or something? Could be my computer of course!!!

...baby steps everyday.

Oh yea, I've noticed that the frequency of people being chucked out of chat increasing vastly over the past few weeks, and it's even happened to me and it never happened to me until now. I have the latest Java aswell. Weird...Hope it's fixed soon, seems to be having a huge effect on others.

Wolfie x

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

this has been happening to me for a while as nic knows ive sorta given up on chat for a while till i no whats wrong with it

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

I very rarely get bounced out of chat but i do get booted off the site quite often.
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

just tried chat for one more time and after about 1 min lost conection im am fed up of this now so am giving up

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

Dont know if it will help as im no computor whizz....but are your cookies enabled?
    I also have nmp in my list of trusted sites....internet options....privacy..and you can check the websites you have on your list.

It may be something since we moved the server.

Alex will look at it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information