Thread: prozac - 8 days - help

prozac - 8 days - help

Hi all

Not been around for a while - thought I was doing ok but panic attack out of the blue and back into the cycle of terror. Doc has put me on Prozac but these early days have been awful - very twitchy and dizzy, anxiety much worse than before. Have read a few threads saying that the side effects do go eventually - any clues when?

Hope everyone is ok

Janie

Re: prozac - 8 days - help

Hi Janie
    It's different for everyone, luckily i only felt sickness and loss of appetite when i was on prozac (still am but am going to stop because it hasnt helped me) they do fade, it should just slowly go lower in the next month or so. Stick through it because if they work it'll be worth it.

Best of luck and hope you're okay xxx

Hi JAnie, I was put on prozac a couple of months ago. For the first two weeks I was also prescribed 10mg of diazepam a day to conteract the down effects of prozac as it get sinto your system. It usually makes you feel worse before better. I have experienced nausea which did eventually fade away and this ad is working for me. I'd stick with it for a while longer and see. If you are really stuggling diazepma or propranolol can be prescribed initially too depending on your doctor.

Good luck in getting past the hairy stage. You'll make it!

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

hiya when i was on that i felt abit weird for atleast 2 weeks before i started to feel good but those symptoms you get are common and will subside but you read the side affects on those things and thats enough to make you panic hehe but give it another week or so its early days hun xxx ps i was also told i may feel worse before better

Thread Information