I'm in a state of terror here - one half of me wants to get this test done so I can stop worrying about my probable IBS and constant wind and pain but the other half is in dread of it all. Everyone says the prep is evil and the worst part - I am trying to do my best have got a comfy chair in bathroom plus lots of reading material and lots of sports drinks to stop my electrolytes dropping and glucose tablets to keep my blood sugar up as I can't eat for over 24 hrs.

Once I am through that ( hopefully!!!!) then I will start to panic about the proceedure - will I react badly to the sedation ( even though I have had it before and been okay) or will it not work and I will be in severe pain then what if they perforate my colon and don't know and send me home to get peritonitis.

You all know how my mind works.

I would like some kind words please as you all know what I am going through and no one else does as they don't have health anxiety. My GP actaully made a joke this morning about the prep mixture being called fleet for a reason. I laughed but resisted the urge to sob hysterically in terror