Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy booked for 10th July

Re: OMG half way through my prep for colonoscopy tomorrow

Hi... I had this prep three weeks ago before a barium enema... the prep is worse than the barium enema (for the record), but I have to say the prep wasnt as bad as I expected having read about peoples experiences on the web. Well the lower bowel looked perfectly healthy and I was relieved, I am sure you will be fine too.

However, my bowel disease fear has recently been replaced with a fear of a throat disease so my "health anxiety holiday" ended up being just a "long weekend" :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post

However, my bowel disease fear has recently been replaced with a fear of a throat disease so my "health anxiety holiday" ended up being just a "long weekend" :-(
    Why the hell are we like this? I ve had a bad tongue and mouth [see problem with tongue] deep rooted from the dentist saying I had white gums which could turn nasty [cancer] this was a yr ago, 6 months ago it had got no worse and im due to go on 23rd this month, with the problems with throat mouth and tongue im convinced its cancer, now with sinus and eye problem im telling myself its spread, in a way I hope im losing my mind

sorry to butt into this thread, I hope you are ok countrygirl x x
    Last edited by eljay; 09-07-08 at 23:28.

Colonsoscopy part 2 - now I'm worrying they have perforated my bowel!

As someone has said does this never end.

The good news is the proceedure wasn't as bad as I expected and they had changed the sedation to very mild so was fully aware throughout . A few ouch moments but over with quickly.

My colon was all okay so standard proceedure, no polyps removed or anthing so risk of complication low.BUT before I left the nurse said if I developed sudden severe abdominal pain with fever and vomiting to come back to hospital. she said it is very very rare for damage to bowel wall to occur but they have to give everyone same info.

I thought I was doing well - she told me to go home lay down on left side for 15 mins on and off to help the gas out that had been put in but I was feeling so good that I went to village an did some shopping I was standing for about half an hour talking to a friend and suddenly got savage pain around my navel, I also had had very noisy wind and exploding feelings.

I got home and did as I should have done and laid on bed on left side and I did get rid of alot of wind and the pain did go. I do have moving pains all over abdomen and into bck and still got very noisy gas. Am passing small quantities but not good rip roaring ones

Of course as has been said I am now worrying that my pain is because my bowel has been perforated - I googled it and it seems as if you would get extremely ill very quickly if it had. I am now terrified this pain will come back as bad as it did before and am obsessing over every twinge, I have to say each twinge seems to come at same time as a lound noise in same place.

I had two hours of feeling on top of world that I did not have to worry about bowel cancer and now this

Re: Colonsoscopy part 2 - now I'm worrying they have perforated my bowel!

It is highly unlikely this has happened.

I had a bad stomach ache / pains and wind after the sigmoidoscopy and took the next day off work as I still wasn't 100% but it passed.

Glad it all went well and nothing was found.

Are you now reassured that all is ok?

I would also like to merge all your posts together as there are several about the colonoscopy and it is easy for someone else going through this procedure to read the whole thread and not jump around between posts. Is that ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Fine by me - wasn't sure what to do sorry for doing multiple posts.

Yes I was reassured about colon cancer but of course had to find something else to worry about!

No worries about the multiple posts - that is not an issue.

I just thought that if someone wanted to read about having a colonoscopy then it would all be in one thread to read and get advice.

You do not have anything to worry about as I am sure you would be very ill by now if they did any damage to your bladder.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I assume you meant to say bowel not bladder Don';t give me anything else to worry about!!

Oh sorry that is cos with the sigmoid they say there is a risk to damaging the bladder lol

Blimey I didn't know that one - assume same risk applies to full colonsocopy as well - where did you find this out as I have never come across it??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information