Thread: Facial expression changes

Facial expression changes

Hi all

I have a problem and I want to find a solution to deal with it. Is there anyone who can help me out.

My prob is that whenever I have to talk to my sister in law who lives in the neighbourhood, i get panicky. My face expresssion changes seems like my lips and mouth becomes horrible. things I cannot control. Even my voice changes. Like Im not able to speak properly. Does anyobody suffer from same. Is is linked with anxiety? I fear that she may mock at me with this attitude. Plse help me out. please.

Regards

Janvi.

Re: Facial expression changes

i have sa

i have been accused of looking and talking defensively and aggressively

praps i am but its the anx

ppl dont undersatnd what a catch 22 situation ur in with sa

the more u try and relax the more u clam up, the more u get anx and start saying silly things and the cycle goes on

if im talking to someone i trust who understands my anx as an illness i can just say im feeling a bit anx today, they probably know cos its written all over my body, and i imediately relax cos i knoew they wont blame me.

if im talking to ppl who dont understand i do feel as if i have to justify my illness and explain its not a weakness, but its so hard.

anx is part of ur personality and ppl who know and love u should be able to understand that

we do at nmp

love

milly xxx

Great reply milly. Id read janvi's post but its not something ive ever been aware of before, but youve summed it up really well xx

hi janvi

yes it is all part of the anxiety, try not to think about it. hard yes i know, but i have the same probs only with sertain people, why? i usualy find it happens if i feel intimidated by that sertain person, i feel that they are better than me, when they are not, you are just as good as they are if not better.
    stay strong xtafflassx

I think I know about this. I used to be very nervous when talking to strangers or people that I didnt know to well. I would be very self conscious about how I looked to other people, conscious about all sorts of things, my height (Im tall), facial expressions, eye contact, things like that. I would end up usually with a stiff neck, eyes staring at the floor, my mouth would feel kind of locked up and unable to move properly and I would occasionally slur or mispronounce a few words - which would just leave me feeling even more nervous.

I think it is down to anxiety levels in general. The more anxious you feel, the more likely that things like this could happen to you. Ive pretty much sorted out my old small talk problems, I would say that it just takes time, patience and practice. Trying to take some small steps as often as you can to make yourself feel more comfortable in public places or when talking to other people. The more you try, the better and easier things will become for you. There are ups and downs as with most things relating to PA/SA, but persistence will see you on the right track in the end.

And in my experience, if you are speaking to someone that you know, all you need to be is normally polite and have the smallest of conversations for them to consider you a nice person. I dont think people are judgemental in cases like those. I used to have similar problems with my sisters boyfriend, I made a point to be the one to start conversations with him instead of the other way around and the problem quickly disappeared.

Thread Information