Thread: breathing and throat problems

breathing and throat problems

Hello,

I just joined this forum to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. I developed this problem 4 years ago. I feel like something is squeezing my larnyx.and I have difficulty breathing. No problem with swallowing.There is an irritation there that really hurts.I have been to a respirologist and I've had all the testing with the cameras etc. Everything looks fine. My breathing test is not good and they say I may have some COPD. But they admit that it wouldn't cause painful tightness in my throat. They say it just feels like a squeezing but it isn't. I have had allergy testing as well. No allergies to report. Chest exrays are all fine. I do have acid reflux in the larnyx but the doctor said it wouldn't be causing this much of a problem. He says something else is going on but nothing shows on the tests. My throat muscles all feel tight as well. Sometimes I feel so much anxiety from this. I feel panicky, like I won't be able to breathe.I don't know where to go next. Thanks for listening.
    Margo

Re: breathing and throat problems

you are ok
    i had the same problem
    the doctor told me i was ok but i still felt the sympyoms
    it is poss to feel this way but it not really be there
    the mind id a veryy i mean VERRY powerful thing

Hiya Margo to nmp its lovely to have you here
    You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. the throat tightening feeling you are getting is a very commen symptom of anxiety, if you look at the symptoms on the left it will show you. The mucsels in your throat have tightened and this is what is giving you this feeling. make sure you are not jaw clenching or holding your tounge up on the roof of your mouth as this will make is feel worse.
    take care
    kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had this problem, doc told me it is called globus ( i think ) and associated with anxiety.

x

hi kelly im having this problem again with the constant swallowing throat is hurting again is it cause im swallowing all the time that im feelig sore i was at and e tonight they had a good look at my throat said all my reflexes were working properly and couldnt find anything worrying but i still have some discomfort in my throat is it the swallowing thts causing this thanks again

Joyce, this lady is asking for help. So why are you answering her post and asking her for help for yourself for goodness sake? you should be saying to her, because she is a new member, welcome, and that your doctor has told you MANY TIMES that you are OK, and tell her not to worry because its only anxiety...think you can manage to do this to help this lady??

i think joyce that we have done all we can for you here

hi margo and welcome to nmp hun, hugsxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information