Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please read

Post please read

please could somebody let me know by post or pm what state do u have to get in to be admitted voluntarily or otherwise to hospital?

i am working really hard at my counselling etc and attending all appointments, taking my meds etc.

the one thing that worries me that when i was last ill i did things to punish myself because of the way i was thinking about my self. i never admitted to this till after i was well again to the gp.

now im ill again and want to release all my emotions and feelings to the hospital psychologist. however im frightened to tell them all my feelings in case they consider me to be too ill to be at home.

i really dont want to go to hospital. it would cripple my family esp my son.

i understand this is a painful subject and dont wish to upset anyone so ill understand if i get no replies.

its just that the thread the other day 'what are u most afraid of', well for me this is truely it at the moment

thanks in anticipation

milly xxx

Re: please read

You will need to be assessed by your local mental health team as to whether you are a danger to yourself or others. Then, subject to available beds you will go through the admission process. Believe me. I went through it recently and chose not to go in.

I doubt by the sounds of things that you will be forced to go in anyway.

thanks for all the pms and replies

im so grateful

milly xx

hiya milly x

i am sure it is a better idea to tell them your not good and make then understand how your feeling then to let it all get to much ,they are there to help you and i am sure they wont take you in at all i think they will work with you and help you rather then admit you hun.

jodie xxxx

hiya girlfriend i keep bumping into you hehe dont worry they wont do anything like that hun, but hopefully they will refer you to someone who can help with how u r feeling, pm me anytime milly.

Kaz you know im always here if u need me and welldone for being back posting on here and email me anytime

Quote Originally Posted by milly jones View Post
    please could somebody let me know by post or pm what state do u have to get in to be admitted voluntarily or otherwise to hospital?.......
    Are you referring to being sectioned under the Mental Health Act Milly?

Two years ago we had to get the medical professionals to section my youngest sister. The most awful experience I've ever been through. I was torn in two knowing it was the only way she could get the help she needed but also knowing I was responsible for putting her in a Mental Health Unit.
    Anyway she is now tons better and doesn't resent me for having a hand in it.

Seeing what she was like then and reading your postings - I'd say there's a world of difference between your state of mind and hers. I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding being sectioned. And if they want you to go in voluntarily then it will be your chose whether to go or not.

I'm with Jodie in that I feel it would be better to be honest with them. My sister wasn't even being treated by her own GP . Where as you're doing everything possible to help yourself get well again.

Please don't worry Milly and special hugs to you

Oh Milly. I'm Sorry.

I agree with Cardmaker and Jodie.

You are to sound to be admitted and like they say, if you are honest with them and explain you may get the right treatment for you.

If you are suicidal or a threat to others, they may think towards sectioning you. Although, I feel you will be ok.

Its best to be honest, than bottle things up, as it will only get worse that way.

My all means PM me if you want to talk more

Emma xxx :-)

hi milly babe, i think its really important that u unload your feelings and emotions cos if u keep them inside they will end up making u angry, frustrated and u will feel like your head will explode. when i started cbt i had so much of this in my head that i needed to get out and i have now and im so pleased. wot ever it is i promise they wont take u away. all u want to do is talk and for them to listen then advise. tell the pychologist and also tell them why u were afraid to tell them it will be fine hun honest. i am here anytime you need to chat. stay strong hugs xxx

Hi Milly. I hope you find a solution and start to feel better. I enjoy reading your posts. It must be about 1:30 a.m. where you are -- so I hope you're sleeping soundly. Just know that, even in the middle of the night, that someone is thinking of you and wishing you well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information