Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of death

Hiya,

I have no basis at all for my nut theory!!
    I don't know why I even thought of it. I just know when I was getting symptoms of anxiety (mainly throat tightening) I somehow (in my strangee messed up head) thought of nuts making your throat close (if u are allergic!!) and have barely been unable to be near them since (I have managed on a couple of occasions though)
    I am not allergic to any foodstuffs to my knowledge but maybe I will get an intolerance test (just out of curiosity!!)
    It argue with myself in my head you know - I know I'm not allergic to them but WHAT IF this time!!
    I know this sounds crazy but I can't help it.

The person who told me of the other food that causes anaphalyxic shock has no idea of my 'condition' and it was brought up in a conversation that his grandson has it so they need to be careful!!

love
    lucky

Dear Lucky

No its not crazy, I suffer from IBS, and when my tum is bad, there are loads of things I couldn't eat, cos I thought it would make it worse.

Now I've realised that its my anxiety levels NOT the food that make me like this. I could eat anything, and it wouldn't really have an effect, its the being anxious all the time that does! So I do know what you mean.

There were times (particularly when my mum was away so I had to buy, prepare and cook my own food) that I lived off fish and vegetables every night!!!

Charlie

Do u know what I would take the panic attacks (for no apparent reason) and I would take the anxiety symptoms

If only these BL***Y thoughts would go away

Tell me about it!

I've lost track of the number of times I have sat in a pub with my friends, ordering a meal, and I am panicing, because there aren't any SAFE meal options for me to have.

Then I pick the lesser of the evils, and pick at it.

The thoughts are the worst - because they are what make me anxious half the time!

Love

Charlie

Vicious circle though isn't it Charlie !!

I'll take the anxiety but not the thoughts. the anxiety wouldn't be as bad if I never had the thoughts!!

I had the anxiety symptoms b4 tyhe thoughts and I had the panick b4 the thoughts but the thoughts make them worse !!(oh dear)

lucky

No that's given me something to THINK about!!!!!

Don't know which way round they were in me - think it was anxiety - thought and back again!!!

Think you're right

Love

Charlie

I agree with Lucky that something triggers anxiety and/or panic and that any thoughts are not apparant at this time. It just happens.

Your adrenals and nervous system goes into freefall. You do need to heal from this.

Then once you're realized that you're afraid - then the thoughts kick in fast and furious.

I do hope you ladies are taking a good Vitamin B and C complex ....

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Meg

Have just bought a B complex today. How long before I should notice a difference? Didn't know about Vit C. Will go and buy a complex today!

Charlie

Dear Charlie,

You can get an all in one from www.questvitamins.co.uk

Vit B is the essential one in healing your nervous system and Vit C is an antioxyidant for your smoking and general wellbeing!!

There won't be a massive difference but helps the healing process. Putting good fuel in the car that will help maintain it instead of something that will just make it tick over and bounce down the road.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hiya Meg,

i've got the Vit B (once u convinced me it was safe!) but will get Vit C cause of the cigs

lucky

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information