Thread: need help/advice/feedback, please

Unhappy need help/advice/feedback, please

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and I will try to make it as short as possible.

My question is, do any of you ever get sudden, sharp pains in your head due to anxiety/panic?

I have been under a ton of stress for the last six weeks or so, since I was diagnosed with shingles. I have been to the emergency room three times in the last month and have had several panic attacks due to worry about my health and thinking that I am dying.

Ironically, when EKG, chest x-ray, mammogram (the shingles presented over my left breast) and extensive blood work all came back negative, I started to get intermittent, sharp, stabbing pains in my head. They are totally unpredictable and only last for about a second, but they scare the hell out of me.

I went to the emergency room a few days ago and had a CAT scan of my brain that came back negative, but I am still a mess and basically convinced that my brain is going to explode. I feel like I have hit rock bottom and cannot get rid of this overwhelming fear of impending doom. My heart starts to race every morning before I get out of bed because I am afraid of what might happen.

I have read that sudden sharp pain in the head is a symptom of panic/anxiety disorder, but I am having such a hard time accepting that anxiety could cause this pain. I feel like I have no control over my body anymore.

I would really appreciate any feedback that you can give me. I have never felt so scared and nearly hopeless before.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good luck to everyone else that is dealing with anxiety problems.

Re: need help/advice/feedback, please

Shingles are very painful and I have heard of people having it on their scalp also.

This info might help you http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/shi...CTION=symptoms

Thread Information