Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buspirone Hydrochloride

Buspirone Hydrochloride

Hiya

Went to the doctors yesterday to get another [rescription of my anti depressants and also to have a chat with him about my anxiety as its getting worse again, I was a state going to the doctors and that the first time thats ever happened to me.

Hes prescribed me Buspirone Hydrochloride tablets which i can take up to 3 times a day to help with anxiety. I dont have to take them each day, but If i have to go somwhere hes suggested me taking one.

Just wondered if anyone else has been on these or heard anyting about them?

Any views etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tatty B xx

Its not used a lot over here Tatty and I've not heard much about it good or bad so will be interested to hear how you find it.

It takes 2 weeks to kick in and is only for short term use - this is emphasised.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks Meg,

My doc told me to take up to 3 times a day, but I wasnt aware that it mite take 2 weeks to kick in.

Havnt picked up my prescription today so Ill have a read through when I get it and i'll let you all know how I find it.

Quite nervous about taking it, I dont wana take somthing which is addictive and I did stress this to my doctor, so im hoping these will be ok, although my doctor did also say this is only for short term.

Tatty B xx

Well I picked up my meds today.....Its a joke reading the side effects....I already experience them all through my anxiety!!

I will give them a go though!

Tatty B xx

Hi Tatty

I was once prescribed them, when i didnt really know what planet i was on, i tried them but only for a few days so i cant really offer anymore support for you. I gave in before i gave them a chance but was also on an antidepressant that was making me feel worse.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Sal,

Im also on Mirtazapine which I take the full dose of (3 tablets daily).

The Buspirone Ive been presribed my my doc is just to take as and when I need to as its just to help with the panic and anxiety i get if im in public places.....so he didnt tell me to take them regularly, althoough the leaflet says to!

But ill go by what my doc says...he also didnt say anything about how long it would take for them to take effect...do you know anything about this? I have a hospital apponment tomorrow which im dreading and mite give the tablets a go tomorrow if im bad.

Tatty B xx

Tatty,

I cannot find anything about taking them 'as needed' and as they interfere with the seretonin which takes a while to get going, I canot see how they would be of any benefit used like this. However, good luck let us know how they suit you.

The official literature says 2 weeks to kick in..

We all live and learn..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Meg

Do you think that I may have mis heard my doctor? The leaflet with the tablets says take them regularly but Im 99% sure my doctor said just take as and when i need to...but now youve put a bit of doubt in my mind!

DO you think it would be worth me callig the doctors to check? or just go by what I think he said?

Thanks

Tatty B xx

What does it say on the label from the chemist ?

it says one tablet 3 times daily is required...so i assume from this its prob ok to take as and when?

Tatty B xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information