Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racing/elevated heart rate

102 39.08%
  • Skipped beats

117 44.83%
  • Heavy beats/feel heart beating through entire chest area or body

101 38.70%
  • Flutter (center of chest, just below ribs) accompanied by momentary loss of breath

90 34.48%
  • Flutter and/or bang accompanied by a 'bursting' sensation throughout body and face

58 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Describe your palpitations

Re: Describe your palpitations

I used to have racing heart with flutters in different spots of body, but usually bottom of rib as you say, now they converted to skipped beats all the time.

BUT; it is just like never2late said, I completely agree with him. Even before I read his post as I was reading others' I had a flutter at my left rib cage (tho not the exact spot). I hadn't had a flutter for some time but as I am reading about it, BAM there it comes. So people, try to think about them less, that will help. And I will also tell you something. I constantly have skipped beats lately. But I was on a trip with a group last weekend and guess what, I didn't have a single event! Why? Because I was busy doing other things. Try to keep yourself occupied, do puzzles, play an instrument, just keep your brain busy so that it will not think of silly things

btw skipped beats FTW LOL

Re: Describe your palpitations

mine 'skip a beat' and then catch up. I was refered to the hospital 4 tests but not had the results back yet.... they told me it might be a right broncle blockage and said that that means that there may be a blockage in the nerve threads in the centre of the heart which would cause the beat to miss. Im not sure that it is that but when im aware of a large gap in beats it brings on a panick attack sometimes. Wondered if any1 else was told this and if they have anything to add about it?
    thanks
    kay x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information