Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racing/elevated heart rate

102 39.08%
  • Skipped beats

117 44.83%
  • Heavy beats/feel heart beating through entire chest area or body

101 38.70%
  • Flutter (center of chest, just below ribs) accompanied by momentary loss of breath

90 34.48%
  • Flutter and/or bang accompanied by a 'bursting' sensation throughout body and face

58 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your palpitations

Describe your palpitations

I thought I'd post a poll to get a read on who is having what type of palpitation, since the term has many different connotations.

Multiple choice.
    Last edited by tHamera; 22-06-08 at 05:43.

Re: Describe your palpitations

mine are ectopics - when they miss a beat and then catch up. I have had them for a very long time - but am having a particularly bad time at the moment - so far its been going on for 6 days which I have never had before? Had all the tess - any ideas

Hi there, am havin a terrible time wiv them, have episodes of one after the other..... like every other beat! awful things

hi there, I have had them now for 8 dayhs. This has never gone on so long and its scary but the doctor said its because I have not been sleeping well and prescribed sleeping pills. So far no change. What about you?

hi there, I have had them now for 8 dayhs. This has never gone on so long and its scary but the doctor said its because I have not been sleeping well and prescribed sleeping pills. So far no change. What about you?

my palpitations seem to take on different forms from time to time. mostly, they of the "heavy beats" variety where i can feel my heart beat throughout my entire chest area. some times i get flutters with loss of breath.

I've had 'skipped beats' for my entire life probably. Now they're getting worse (lots of known reasons, so it's no surprise), I can't sleep - seems like every sleeping position I try triggers more ectopics, sometimes it takes 4 hours to calm down and by the time I'm so tired I simply don't care how to sleep & disconnect. When I'm at work (office job) I have to sit for 7 hours, which is a torture, because I know that without exercise I will get palpitations, and I do. I try to exercise at work, but I know that 1-5 minutes will do no good. I need minimum 30 minutes exercise to feel good, even though I have usually some palpitations after it. Sometimes I get this weird feeling I can't really explain, but maybe you'll understand me if you had something similar - it feels like my heart explodes or turns over, followed by feeling of heat and generally unpleasant feeling there, as if something is pushing my heart down, or touched it with bare fingers. It's not painful, just unpleasant and annoying, because when I get it (usually once a day) I know more ectopics will follow, and they do.
    Well, this is my experience with palpitations. I have stopped taking caffeine, tea, smoking, alcohol, I exercise more, but palpitations are stronger than ever. The only thing I can think of is my office job, which I don't like too much (even though it's easy), which is causing me stress, and lack of real exercise because of it.
    Thanks for listening!

I have had PVC's for the last 2 years. They seem to lessen for awhile and then I get them more often. I usually experience the "missed beat" feeling. But sometimes it is the flutter and breathlessness. I think that is worse!

I get racing heart/pounding heart and ectopics that feel like its skipped and then the bang...3 types of palps, but apparently im normal!

never seem to have much of a racing heart unless i exercise and im really nervous.

sometimes get heavy beats when i eat or feel heart beating through my body when i lay down

do get skipped beats

rarely get flutters, and even if i do, no loss of breath

do get Band with tingling and hot flush in face

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information