Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racing/elevated heart rate

102 39.08%
  • Skipped beats

117 44.83%
  • Heavy beats/feel heart beating through entire chest area or body

101 38.70%
  • Flutter (center of chest, just below ribs) accompanied by momentary loss of breath

90 34.48%
  • Flutter and/or bang accompanied by a 'bursting' sensation throughout body and face

58 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your palpitations

Re: Describe your palpitations

I have two kinds.

One of them is a really fast heartbeat (around 160 bpm), but it takes a lot of anxiety to trigger them.
    I experienced this last summer when I unfortunately had to confront a maniac with a knife and talk him out of stabbing some old man who he tried to rob. If the palpitations had happened while in front of the knife I wouldn't blame anxiety, but it happened about an hour later.
    I experienced the same palpitaions just a couple of weeks ago, when me and my family went home by car from the holidays which we had spent in a cabin in the mountains. The weather was terrible, it was in the middle of the night far from home, and it rained so hard it was impossible to see the road, ligtning flashing and parts of the road floaded.
    Rapid heartbeat isn't very scary to me, as it is the absolutely most common symptom of panic attacks. I just hang in there and wait for the minutes to pass.

The other kind of palpitations I get is skipped beats, and they scare me the most. Sometimes they come in short runs, but most often it is just one. If my bloodpressure is high, from walkin stairs or exercising, they are especially uncomfortable, as the beat following the extrasystole feels a lot harder than when I'm at rest..

hey
    Im so thankful to have found this site , its been such a relief reading posts and seeing im not alone!
    About a year after i had my son i started having anxiety attacks ( i have experienced panic attacks in my teens and think they are totally different) so i was put on 10mg of citalopram twice a day,dont really think they helped but had to come off them anyway after a few months as i fell pregnant again this time with twins! so anyway i felt absolutely fine through the pregnancy. Im not sure why but maybe because i was so involved with everything else that was going on, we were also trying to buy our first house before the babies arrived so you would think with all that stress and all i would have terrible symptoms. To cut a looong story short the first time i had ectopic beats was the first night i left the kids overnight, it was the most scary thing ive ever felt. This thud in my chest and throat then i felt really hot and dizzy for a minute or so, it was awful and happened 3 or 4 times in the space of about 5 minutes, i did the wrong thing and sat taking my pulse which freaked me out even more.
    Ive been on iron tablets since the babies arrived and the doc says that anemia can cause ectopic beats , but i still think a lot of it is stress related. Its always scary but im handling it better and i wont let it rule my world! Peace x

I put as missing beats,

now and again though i get the 1 beat that pumps hard followed by faster shallow ones also.

CONS

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Racing heart , shortness of breath, and nausea

Hi there - Mine are PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) - they are sometimes single, but most often really random - maybe 4 normal, then 1 PVC followed by 2 normal etc. I have been checked out, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I worry, (maybe a little dramatically!) that my heart will get into such an irregular pattern that it will go into VF - I'm sure that's what most of us think! I can sometimes stop it with a big cough. I think the hot, faint feeling immediately afterwards is an adrenaline rush caused by fright!

Mine are thumping heart beats i can feel in my throat (86 beats on average) and a flutter on occasions.

Just mainly thumping thumping heart beats i can feel when i settle down to watch tv xx

I ticked 3 of them, as I get different ones lol

Hi to you all,
    Mine are missed beats which still frighten the daylights out of me.Sometimes they go for hours on end every second third or fourth beat,then they disappear for no apparent reason.Sometimes they give me a small cough with each missed beat.Whish I could ignore them.When there not happening I do not worry about them and get on with my life.
    Good health to you all.

Mine are nearly always where my heart will pump in my chest. I usually end up having an attack and becoming convinced that my heart is going to explode in my chest.

thinking about these attacks is upsetting me. The pain I feel is soo indescribable :(
    I honestly thought I wouldnt pull through today. I just wanted to die!
    Luckily the pain vanished after a few hours and I feel a bit calmer now. I try to block my thoughts. I knows thats not what people say I shouldnt do. But if I dont ignore them they take over my mind and I jsut want to die. I have to block them!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information