Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racing/elevated heart rate

102 39.08%
  • Skipped beats

117 44.83%
  • Heavy beats/feel heart beating through entire chest area or body

101 38.70%
  • Flutter (center of chest, just below ribs) accompanied by momentary loss of breath

90 34.48%
  • Flutter and/or bang accompanied by a 'bursting' sensation throughout body and face

58 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Describe your palpitations

Re: Describe your palpitations

I get a variety too im a martial arts instructor quite fit had all the test i feel mental cause they say im fine but sometimes i hospitalise myself with the fear of them but im starting to beat that now i would say anyone that gets them get em checked if there fine just live its like anything a persistant cough back ache knee ache or sneezing or coughing exercise is key keep the heart clean pure and it will look after you till your old try a good omega 3 supplement coupled with a good hydration throughout the day meditate or pray when you can calcium and magnesium supplements taken at different times oh and co q10 try it all it may help.
    Blessings

I get kind of a mixture to be honest. It's mostly fast and heavy beats fels throught my whole body and all pulse points. Horrible and scary, but i'm learning to remind myself, that there's nothing really wrong with me and it's just in my mind!

this is one of the symptoms i have had since day one, and have never really got used to it, propranolol is very helpful, they have lessened over time but have never completley went away, and increase in times of more stress or worry. i hate them
    P

i have fluttering usually combined with shortness of breath which makes me cough and then, rarely, a sense that I am going to faint - this is accompnaied by a growing blackness. But as yet I haven't fainted...

Question Re: Describe your palpitations

Hi, Ive been have missed beats on and of for about 3 months. In the last 2 weeks ive had them 24/7 every third or fourth beat, however now it has changed from missed beats to like a flutter. When i feel my pulse its like 3 or 4 beats in quick succession. This is happening a few times a minute with the odd missed beat as well. Sometimes it is so bad that my heart feels totally out of sync. anyone have the same?

Mel

mine seem to beat so fast all the time due to feeling anxious, but when im having a really bad day, my heart feels like it is going to come through my chest, i struggle for breath and its such a frightening exsperience, a daily occurance and doesnt get any easier, which i thought it would.sam

Wow, I've only recently joined this board and I always wondered what this feeling in my heart was. Like I'd be just sitting watching tv quite relaxed and it will feel that i've just run a mile as my heart races, then it feels like it skips a few beats then i'm left really breathless like all the air has come out of my lungs! I've never associated it with anxiety, because it usually happens when I'm not thinking of anything.

When I am thinking of stuff that makes me nervous then my heart either races or it thumps heavily in my chest - mostly a bit of both!

ive had ectopic heart beats since 2006,which often send me into total panic,ive had tests done and been told its nothing to worry about just wish it would register in my brain.Sitting typing this has just started my heart racing again just when i thought i was doing so well

I am having an episode of the "heavy beats" at the moment... it started a few days ago and is getting worse. Right now it is happening several times a minute. I have only had palpitations once before (several years ago) and I was given Propranolol for two weeks, and after that it never happened again. Until now.

Mine feel like flutters, missed beats and then I'll have a whopper of a heart palp that will leave me coughing or breathless.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information