Thread: Doctors appointment today

Doctors appointment today

I knew there was a reason I stopped going to the doctors several years ago

Ive put this in general as it covers a few things but feel free to move if its in the wrong place.

Having lived in the middle of nowhere for a year, we moved at the weekend back near my home town, mainly so it gave my business a bit more of a chance but also to be near some family.

The problems I had worked hard and done well at getting on top of namely, OCD, agrophobia, anxiety and panic attacks all started to rear thier ugly heads when spending time in an isolated village working from home.

So when we moved OH said I should go to the doctors to see if theres anything can be done to stop it getting as bad as last time

Well I got the most annoying doctor I can imagine, you know the brush it off talk to you like your wasting thier time types. He said all the issues were related (no really , never thought ) and its all down to control

He also said that because I dont have a problem with a particular place like tescos, it makes it more difficult to give advice

He then said I could try beta blockers or more councelling, I said councelling didnt really work for me last time

so he then said what do i want to do, i seemed unsure

I said I am, thats why ive come here , he said I should go away and come back when Ive decided which route I want to take

Very fed up, was a waste of time , felt really stupid

Anyway on anthoer note has anyone taken beta blockers for anxiety, and what affects did they have?

Re: Doctors appointment today

Hi summerleft

well that was helpful of the doc! geez sorry u had that response! i have only had one bad doc experience, he was quite rough with me when i thought the anxiety etc may be an illness like thyroid, and he abruptly said look it is mental deal with it!

as for beta blockers yes i have taken them before, i think they do work just to lessen the symptons mainly racing heart etc but did make me feel sluggish but a good option if you would prefer not to use tranx.

hope this helps!

tc bex xxxxx

Hi

It sounds like you didn't have a very good experience. I have just finished reading Claire Weekes book called 'self help for your nerves' and there is a little section in the back of it about preventing relapse which is quite good. Perhaps do it a little bit of reading about preventing it happening again. I also have a therapist whom I only see every so often if I am feeling wobbly but it helps to know someone is there. Perhaps try an anxiety helpline, I am sure they will be more understanding than your doctor and be able to give you some advice.

some ppl just dont understand anx do they?

for me my gp is brill thank god, sees me weekly and hes become a friend.

is there another u could visit?

ive had beta blockers and there fine for me

milly xx

We just moved and this is the only doctors in the area, I am thinking of cancelling mondays app and asking to see someone else.

Just makes me angry I have never seen anyone thats understanding, out of 3/4 surgeries

Thread Information