Hi all, have posted on NMP a while ago,I recently went back to the doctors after putting it off for ages. The doc i saw was really nice and i explained how anxious i was really feeling and how it affected my life. I said i didnt know if my meds were working anymore as had been on them so long, sertraline. He suggested itake 50mg one day then 100mg the next for the next month, in an attempt to wean off them, before can think about what to do next. Well, it has been like this, 5omg i seem to be more depressed, 100mg makes me really tired and sluggish...so not much positive results so far! Ill persevere and im going to keep a diary to try and record how i feel each day. Am still waiting for a psychology appointment, as i dont think just taking tabs is going to help, have had a few hard times in my life and gp sugggested it might be helpful to talk about it if i feel the time is right, but said am under no pressure. He asked me if I knew what i was afraid of, to which I said no, as i cant pinpoint it.

I am willing to try anything at this stage. I am not working, lost my job a year ago due to anxiety and depression and have not felt able to work since. I do voluntary work at my local mental health drop in centre which I enjoy but some days I cannot face it. I told him that I find it hard going out by myself and he said to try as it will do me good. I have days when its better than others, and I did say to him that i was more anxious than depressed these days, but get depressed as a result of the anxiety and not being able to do what id like to do.

Anyhow will see how i get on, any comments will be welcomed.

cheers

woody xx