Thread: 2nd Time on Citalopram - I forgot how horrible they make you feel. :-(

2nd Time on Citalopram - I forgot how horrible they make you feel. :-(

Well after a few weeks of the anxiety coming back on and the panic starting to kick in again I took myself off to the docs. It was a bit of a struggle to get the doc to give them me again. (he said I didn't look stressed ).

Managed to pursuade him to let me have them again and im on my second day.

I now feel like absolute poo and forgot how bad they make you feel. The sore feeling in your head, the dry mouth!!!!!!

I know it didn't last long last time but I wish they could do there job without making you feel like this. :-(

Re: 2nd Time on Citalopram - I forgot how horrible they make you feel. :-(

Hi there.

I too am on citalopram after a horrendous year. I socially isolated myself and went through intense self hatred and contemplated ending my life. Citalopram was given to me in December starting with 20mg.
    Like many felt like crap for the first couple of weeks but kept reminding myself that I would rather feel crap initially than go on feeling like I did. Managed to have a good Christmas and New Year but then hit a low again second week January. Doctor upped me to 40mg. The only thing to have suffered since has been the libido but if it helps me on the road to recovery so be it.
    Tried coming off about a month ago far too soon and boy I hit a wall. Straight back on after a couple weeks.Beginning to get back to being rational and levelled off. Councelling at mental health support also begun.
    Stick with it and give it time. I agree some of the side effects are not good but at the end of the day you need to weigh up the pros and cons.

Good luck

Re: 2nd Time on Citalopram - I forgot how horrible they make you feel. :-(

Today has been a bad day. I am determined not to go on sick so come into work even though I feel awfult. I have had a pressure feeling in my head practically all day, and been very close to having a panic attack twice but managed to control it both times. I was going to the pub tonight but might give it a miss coz Im not sure I can cope today. Last time I took them I felt the groggyness but I didn;t get the heightened anxiety and panic. When will this end ???????

Thread Information