Thread: Therapy - Help!

Therapy - Help!

Hi there!
    I'm looking for a CBT who will see patients privately in the Bristol area. Can anyone recommend one?

I have suffered from OCD for most of my life although it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I also suffer from health phobia and anxiety. I think that the health phobia is the main problem these days. I have been off work for nearly a year and a half due to my symptoms and really want to find a way to get myself better. My main symptom is feeling completely spaced out and tiredness/lethargy.
    I get regular periods of ectopic heartbeats (probably as a result of anxiety) and lots of pain in various parts of my body.

I saw a CBT therapist for 6 sessions about 6 months ago but we didn't get far because she said that there was no point in having CBT while I was being investigated for physical problems (I have had liver problems for the last year or so and had to have my heart investigated due to the irregular beats). Another problem was that the therapist was a 2 hour round trip.

I believe that CBT is a good way of treating my anxiety problems and so am looking to find one in the Bristol area. According to BABCP.com there are a few registered CBT therapists in Bristol but I don't want to go seeing one of them blindly only to find out they aren't too good.

Can anyone personally recommend a particular one to me?

Regards,

Geoff.

Hi Geoff ,

Sorry I don't know one round there.

They usually do a free first session so you can both see if you can work together on your issues.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Geoff

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I don't have any personal recommendations for that area. Maybe someone else will know of someone.

Are there any other issues that we can help with?

Nicola

Hi Geoff

Welcome to the site. Like Nic and Meg cant help you from that area but hope when others read this post they can. Hope we can help you to.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Sal, Nicola & Meg!

Thanks for your kind welcome!

Regards

Geoff.

Thread Information