Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone who has taken zopiclone, and were able to wean themselves off. I have been taking it for 3 months now...I was initially prescribed it when I was in an acute anxiety state because I was barely sleeping 2 hours a night. I am now also on citalopram, which is helping. I sleep about 4-5 hours after taking the zopiclone, then wake up, but I am able to get back to sleep after about 10 minutes or so. After that I usually sleep 2 hours, then wake up again, then back to sleep etc etc. I am off work at the minute, so I am thinking that this would be a good time to try to do the weaning. My psychiatrist said that the fact that I don't sleep well after the zopiclone wears off may be a sign that I still need it. But I don't feel panicky when I wake up, it just feels like a weird rhythm by body has gotten into, and maybe if I stop taking the zopiclone it may learn how to sleep normally again???? I am also scared about trying to wean myself off, because I tried halving the tablets for 3 nights, but barely slept 2 hours, and almost sent myslef off the edge from the anxiety (but I was also way more anxious then than I am now). Anyone have any experience/input on this matter? I want to stop taking it, but I also have only recently been feeling relatively "normal" so I don't want to risk a relapse. Arrgggg, so frustrating!

Lisa