Thread: sorry this is 2 posts in one

sorry this is 2 posts in one

I had a really dizzy spell today just out the blue - for a few seconds I felt like I was on a ship and when I rang nhs24 theu said it is vertigo. Does anyone get this?

Secondly, I just started taking cipralex and I am worried as both docs said they were cynical when this first came out as it was just when citaloprams patent was ending. Does this mean there is something wrong with this drug and they have fiddled about with citalopram?

Re: sorry this is 2 posts in one

1. i get vertigo hun, i have betahistine to help regain the balance in the ear thru menieres. this is the second bad attack ive had and the doc assures me it is not linked to anx. i still think it is tho lol.

2. im on citalopram, and have not had any indication that my med would be changing.

hope that helps

milly xxxx

Hiya
    Ive had dizzy spells in the past well actually quite recently as well, and my doc said it was linked to my anxiety, cause i thought mine was something like vertigo or meniers even but no doc was certain it was good ol anx yet again
    Hugs To You
    POLLY

Quote Originally Posted by milly jones View Post
    1. i get vertigo hun, i have betahistine to help regain the balance in the ear thru menieres. this is the second bad attack ive had and the doc assures me it is not linked to anx. i still think it is tho lol.

2. im on citalopram, and have not had any indication that my med would be changing.

hope that helps

milly xxxx

I get vertigo but mine is caused by my neck I am on Serc 18

my docs prescribed cipralex as i been on citalopram on and off for 4 yrs and i been on nothing for 3 months so they thought they would try me on cipralex but im worried its new and it could be dangerous - i am a mess

Cipralex, as far as I can see, is just a new brand of Citalopram. There shouldn't be any changes, basically because the patent for citalopram has run out, other companies can sell it. Cipralex is just citalopram under a different name.

Hi everyone

I was just wanting to explain my post a bit better - basically Lundbeck used to make citalopram as cipramil and they were the only ones who could make it until the patent ran out and then others could start making it too - this meant they would lose money as others could make it.so near when the patent was running out they came up with cipralex which was supposed to be a cleaner version of citalopram - so i am told. My doc was cynical in the beginning because cipralex came out just as patent for citalopram running out - meaning they would have patet for this drug and would make money. What im worried about is have they messed around with citalopram - a decent drug and come up with cipralex by fiddling around a bit and could it be harmful in anyway

If it was harmful doctor's wouldn't be allowed to prescibe it.

Hi Bab,
    Cipralex is a form of citalopram, escitalopram or more precisely (S)-citalopram. Every substance can be found as an (S) and (R) isomer, they are mostly a mixture of both, as is citalopram. Escitalopram is just and (S) isomer which ia actually the active form of citalopram so the side effects are reduced because the action is more specific, that is why the dosage is doubled down , 10, 20, 40...mg of citalopram, and 5, 10, 20mg...cipralex or escitalopram...
    Hope this helps you a bit and reassures you. I have been myself on Cipralex for a long time. Cipralex was out for quite a while now, it wasn't a replacement for citalopram, but doctors were prescribing citalopram more because it is cheaper.

Millie thank ou so much xx

Thread Information